*What’s new with Ludacris in the music biz? Not much, but we can certainly say he’s been busy building up some residual income and spreading his business sense around.
The rapper has not only made himself out to be a decent actor, but also a budding entrepreneur. Along with the new educational website he built with his daughter, the Luda has established himself a pretty impressive Singaporean restaurant, Straits Atlanta. The spot was actually opened in 2007.
In an interview with BlackEnterprise.com, the rapper raved about his success as a businessman and the growth of his foreign cuisine restaurant.
“Man, it’s some of my favorite food and I never want to be typical,” he explained of the decision. “People think if I open a restaurant that it’s automatically going to be soul food. I love to throw curve balls to people all the time; I love to be different, I strive for excellence. Atlanta is just one of these places where it’s a melting pot when it comes to so many different cultures and styles, and I just wanted to play towards that because people appreciate good food and with a little bit of an ethnic twist to it.”
He added that the idea was sparked from his travel experience. He also met his business partner, Chef Yeo, who wanted to do something similar. So they made it happen and built a very successful Atlanta-based Singaporian food spot.
Read/learn MORE at Black Enterprise.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Master P's Ex Has 'Stripper' Goals - Meet Ayesha Curry's Alter Ego
- First Footage & New Character Pics from Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez On Me' (Watch)
- Pink Recalls the Time Prince Rejected Her Duet Request: 'I Told Him He Was a Rude F**k'
- New Trailer: Barack and Michelle's First Date in ‘Southside With You’
- Usher’s Snapchat Fail Results in Inadvertent D*** Pic
- NFL’s DeAndre Levy Urges Fellow Athletes to ‘Man Up’ Against Sexual Assault
- Urban Prep’s Entire Senior Class College Bound for 7th Consecutive Year
- Baltimore's Fox45 News Station Evacuated after Bomb Threat
- Tracy Morgan Says Prince Music 'Taught Me How to Be Gentle'
- Viola Davis Inks Production Deal with ABC Studios
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here