*Mike Tyson has an idea.
Speaking to Fightnews.com during the WBC convention in Vegas this week, “Iron” Mike says he’s come up with a way to make some money by having past-their-prime heavyweights aged 40 and over battle it out in an elimination tournament.
Think Evander Holyfield, Oliver McCall, Cedric Boswell, Jameel McCline, Larry Donald, Andrew Golota and Riddick Bowe facing off for your entertainment.
“Fighters over 40 cannot compete with the best,” Tyson stated. “They can look good against okay opposition, but not the upper echelon of the heavyweight division. Maybe an over-40 tournament would be a good idea. Just make them fight only eight rounds so they will be full of energy. I’m sure people would buy this. The fights would be entertaining. Everybody over 40 is very welcome except Vitali Klitschko – he is too good.”
Tyson said he himself would not be tempted to fight in such a tournament.
“It’s not for me anymore. I would be afraid to fight,” he said.
Tyson mentioning the word “afraid” in the same sentence as “fight” doesn’t even sound right. Just four months ago, he was promoting his pigeon reality show “Taking on Tyson” and revealing the secret to his domination in the ring.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Usher’s ‘Don’t Trump America’ Shirt from BET Awards Now On Sale
- Lil Wayne’s Prison Memoir ‘Gone Til November’ Finally Due in October
- Dollywood's 'World's Fastest Wooden Coaster' is Slowed due to Recall
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- THE (06-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here