*Mike Tyson has an idea.
Speaking to Fightnews.com during the WBC convention in Vegas this week, “Iron” Mike says he’s come up with a way to make some money by having past-their-prime heavyweights aged 40 and over battle it out in an elimination tournament.
Think Evander Holyfield, Oliver McCall, Cedric Boswell, Jameel McCline, Larry Donald, Andrew Golota and Riddick Bowe facing off for your entertainment.
“Fighters over 40 cannot compete with the best,” Tyson stated. “They can look good against okay opposition, but not the upper echelon of the heavyweight division. Maybe an over-40 tournament would be a good idea. Just make them fight only eight rounds so they will be full of energy. I’m sure people would buy this. The fights would be entertaining. Everybody over 40 is very welcome except Vitali Klitschko – he is too good.”
Tyson said he himself would not be tempted to fight in such a tournament.
“It’s not for me anymore. I would be afraid to fight,” he said.
Tyson mentioning the word “afraid” in the same sentence as “fight” doesn’t even sound right. Just four months ago, he was promoting his pigeon reality show “Taking on Tyson” and revealing the secret to his domination in the ring.
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here