*Mike Tyson has an idea.
Speaking to Fightnews.com during the WBC convention in Vegas this week, “Iron” Mike says he’s come up with a way to make some money by having past-their-prime heavyweights aged 40 and over battle it out in an elimination tournament.
Think Evander Holyfield, Oliver McCall, Cedric Boswell, Jameel McCline, Larry Donald, Andrew Golota and Riddick Bowe facing off for your entertainment.
“Fighters over 40 cannot compete with the best,” Tyson stated. “They can look good against okay opposition, but not the upper echelon of the heavyweight division. Maybe an over-40 tournament would be a good idea. Just make them fight only eight rounds so they will be full of energy. I’m sure people would buy this. The fights would be entertaining. Everybody over 40 is very welcome except Vitali Klitschko – he is too good.”
Tyson said he himself would not be tempted to fight in such a tournament.
“It’s not for me anymore. I would be afraid to fight,” he said.
Tyson mentioning the word “afraid” in the same sentence as “fight” doesn’t even sound right. Just four months ago, he was promoting his pigeon reality show “Taking on Tyson” and revealing the secret to his domination in the ring.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Parking Lot Crowded, Can't Locate Your Car? Meet 'Zus'
- Draya Michele's Post-Baby Body - Richard Sherman Pranks Himself
- You Can Purchase 'Boycott Beyoncé' Shirts at 'Formation' Tour
- R.Kelly Accused of Screwing Promoter Out of $500k
- W. Kamau Bell Screens 'United Shades of America' in Atlanta
- Flavor Flav Offered to Give O.J. Simpson Back His Bronze Statue
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Javier Colon performs May 4, 2016 at Rams Head on Stage
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here