*Mike Tyson has an idea.
Speaking to Fightnews.com during the WBC convention in Vegas this week, “Iron” Mike says he’s come up with a way to make some money by having past-their-prime heavyweights aged 40 and over battle it out in an elimination tournament.
Think Evander Holyfield, Oliver McCall, Cedric Boswell, Jameel McCline, Larry Donald, Andrew Golota and Riddick Bowe facing off for your entertainment.
“Fighters over 40 cannot compete with the best,” Tyson stated. “They can look good against okay opposition, but not the upper echelon of the heavyweight division. Maybe an over-40 tournament would be a good idea. Just make them fight only eight rounds so they will be full of energy. I’m sure people would buy this. The fights would be entertaining. Everybody over 40 is very welcome except Vitali Klitschko – he is too good.”
Tyson said he himself would not be tempted to fight in such a tournament.
“It’s not for me anymore. I would be afraid to fight,” he said.
Tyson mentioning the word “afraid” in the same sentence as “fight” doesn’t even sound right. Just four months ago, he was promoting his pigeon reality show “Taking on Tyson” and revealing the secret to his domination in the ring.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Orlando Magic Give Thanks This Holiday
- Ava DuVernay Responds to Lionsgate Apology for 'Egypt' White-washing
- Flashback - Kobe Bryant Ponders Life after Basketball: ‘I’ve Got to Find My Passion’
- Serena Williams is Half-Naked in 2016 Pirelli Calendar (Pics)
- Miami Jury Now Holds Fate of 'Facebook Killer' In Their Hands! (Disturbing Photo)
- What Does Future Require In His Concert Dressing Rooms?
- Female Characters in ‘The Wiz Live!’ Rewritten to be More Empowered
- John Hairston's Gospel Internet Radio Station Hits the Airwaves in January
- 'He Used to Call Me Ma’am' - A Look Back at Kobe Bryant
- $1.5 Million Bail for Cop Charged in Laquan McDonald Murder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here