*Mike Tyson has an idea.
Speaking to Fightnews.com during the WBC convention in Vegas this week, “Iron” Mike says he’s come up with a way to make some money by having past-their-prime heavyweights aged 40 and over battle it out in an elimination tournament.
Think Evander Holyfield, Oliver McCall, Cedric Boswell, Jameel McCline, Larry Donald, Andrew Golota and Riddick Bowe facing off for your entertainment.
“Fighters over 40 cannot compete with the best,” Tyson stated. “They can look good against okay opposition, but not the upper echelon of the heavyweight division. Maybe an over-40 tournament would be a good idea. Just make them fight only eight rounds so they will be full of energy. I’m sure people would buy this. The fights would be entertaining. Everybody over 40 is very welcome except Vitali Klitschko – he is too good.”
Tyson said he himself would not be tempted to fight in such a tournament.
“It’s not for me anymore. I would be afraid to fight,” he said.
Tyson mentioning the word “afraid” in the same sentence as “fight” doesn’t even sound right. Just four months ago, he was promoting his pigeon reality show “Taking on Tyson” and revealing the secret to his domination in the ring.
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Perspective on Harris Co. Deputy's Death by Project 21 Member Who Served with Him
- RHOA Fight: Cynthia Bailey Kicked Porsha Williams in the Stomach (Report)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here