*Former TV talk show host Montel Williams is trying to open medical marijuana facilities in Washington DC, reports NBC Washington.
The TV personality has applied for two cultivation center licenses on Queen’s Chapel Road, and met with about 150 residents from the neighborhood to plead his case. Neighbors told him they’re worried about crime and the site’s location directly across the street from a strip club.
Williams said his organization plans to refurbish the warehouse, and that will actually help the neighborhood.
“A building that was burned out could be a flagship facility that actually brings some revenue into Ward 5,” Williams said.
The former television host is also applying for a license to dispense medical marijuana at another site in the city. He became a vocal advocate for the drug after being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. Williams says it gives him relief from his pain.
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here