*Former TV talk show host Montel Williams is trying to open medical marijuana facilities in Washington DC, reports NBC Washington.
The TV personality has applied for two cultivation center licenses on Queen’s Chapel Road, and met with about 150 residents from the neighborhood to plead his case. Neighbors told him they’re worried about crime and the site’s location directly across the street from a strip club.
Williams said his organization plans to refurbish the warehouse, and that will actually help the neighborhood.
“A building that was burned out could be a flagship facility that actually brings some revenue into Ward 5,” Williams said.
The former television host is also applying for a license to dispense medical marijuana at another site in the city. He became a vocal advocate for the drug after being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. Williams says it gives him relief from his pain.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here