*Former TV talk show host Montel Williams is trying to open medical marijuana facilities in Washington DC, reports NBC Washington.
The TV personality has applied for two cultivation center licenses on Queen’s Chapel Road, and met with about 150 residents from the neighborhood to plead his case. Neighbors told him they’re worried about crime and the site’s location directly across the street from a strip club.
Williams said his organization plans to refurbish the warehouse, and that will actually help the neighborhood.
“A building that was burned out could be a flagship facility that actually brings some revenue into Ward 5,” Williams said.
The former television host is also applying for a license to dispense medical marijuana at another site in the city. He became a vocal advocate for the drug after being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. Williams says it gives him relief from his pain.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- David Cash Reemerges as 'Justdavid'
- ‘Deadpool’ Off the Charts, ‘Single’ Suffers, and ‘Zoolander 2’ is Clueless
- Russell Simmons Announces All Def Movie Awards
- Aretha Franklin to Perform for First Time Ever in Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- LAUSD Whistleblower Protection - Does it Exist?
- Meryl Streep's 'We’re all African' Crazy Talk About Diversity
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Boot Campaign Honors Lieutenant Colonel Dr. Marie Walters
- Black History Month at ESPN: 'SportsCenter' at Hampton for Historic Lacrosse Match; ‘Rise Up’; ‘Spike Lee’s Lil Joints’; NBA's John Wall & Miyah
- ICYMI: POTUS on ‘Ellen’; Ruben & Fantasia on ‘American Idol’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here