*Former TV talk show host Montel Williams is trying to open medical marijuana facilities in Washington DC, reports NBC Washington.
The TV personality has applied for two cultivation center licenses on Queen’s Chapel Road, and met with about 150 residents from the neighborhood to plead his case. Neighbors told him they’re worried about crime and the site’s location directly across the street from a strip club.
Williams said his organization plans to refurbish the warehouse, and that will actually help the neighborhood.
“A building that was burned out could be a flagship facility that actually brings some revenue into Ward 5,” Williams said.
The former television host is also applying for a license to dispense medical marijuana at another site in the city. He became a vocal advocate for the drug after being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. Williams says it gives him relief from his pain.
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here