*Former TV talk show host Montel Williams is trying to open medical marijuana facilities in Washington DC, reports NBC Washington.
The TV personality has applied for two cultivation center licenses on Queen’s Chapel Road, and met with about 150 residents from the neighborhood to plead his case. Neighbors told him they’re worried about crime and the site’s location directly across the street from a strip club.
Williams said his organization plans to refurbish the warehouse, and that will actually help the neighborhood.
“A building that was burned out could be a flagship facility that actually brings some revenue into Ward 5,” Williams said.
The former television host is also applying for a license to dispense medical marijuana at another site in the city. He became a vocal advocate for the drug after being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. Williams says it gives him relief from his pain.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Omarosa to Host the 2015 African American Vanguard Awards
- Sorry Hillary: T.I Doesn’t Want a Woman as President
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Talks Pressure Playing O.J. Simpson in ‘Crime Story’
- Will Packer Talks 'Organic Diversity' of New 'Truth Be Told' Series (EUR Exclusive)
- A ‘Much Happier’ NeNe Leakes Reflects on Leaving RHOA, Possible Return
- 'Horrific Video' of 2 Friends Speeding to Their Death Released (Watch)
- Janet Jackson Scores Seventh No. 1 Album With ‘Unbreakable’
- Obama Impersonator Iman Crosson Hits Trump Where It Hurts
- Heartbroken Former Obama Supporter Gives Full Support to Trump [WATCH]
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Morris Chestnut Talks About His Latest Role
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here