*Muhammad Ali is back home and recuperating after he was hospitalized last month in Arizona, the Louisville Courier-Journal reports.
The paper spoke with Ali’s close friend and Louisville radio personality John Ramsey, after Ramsey told Star magazine that the boxing icon had been hospitalized “after slipping out of consciousness at his Phoenix-area home.”
Ramsey said he spoke by telephone with Ali’s wife, Lonnie, last night and was told Ali is “home and well, for a person who has had Parkison’s since the 1980s. He may not be going in the direction you or I like, but no one is on alert. That’s the truth.”
Ramsey said the Alis still plan to be in Louisville in mid-January for a celebration of the three-time heavyweight champion’s 70th birthday, Jan. 19.
Ramsey said he didn’t have any details of Ali’s hospital treatment but that he believed, “I don’t think he stayed very long,” Ramsey said.
The Star reported that it had been told by multiple sources that Ali was rushed from the couple’s home in Paradise Valley to the Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn Medical Center on Nov. 19. The Star also said it confirmed a 911 call from the residence, and that Ali was unconscious at the time.
The Star quoted Alan Laitsich, a spokesperson for Paradise Valley Police, saying: “The victim started to pass out in the car and when they got him into the house he fell unconscious.”
The magazine said it didn’t have details of Ali’s treatment or his length of stay at the hospital.
The Nov. 19 rush to the hospital came just five days after Ali attended the funeral of his greatest rival, Joe Frazier. Another boxer who fought Ali for the heavyweight title, Ron Lyle, died Saturday at the age of 70.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Great Beginnings Hosts: 'It Takes a Village' to Celebrate Healthy Babies, Friday May 27
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here