*As the US version of “The X Factor” approaches its first season finale this week, rumors continue to swirl around judge Nicole Scherzinger.
The original Pussycat Doll, who served as a co-host for UK’s “X Factor” last year alongside Steve Jones, was brought in to replace original judge Cheryl Cole after US auditions had already gotten underway.
She seemed to fit in nicely with fellow judges LA Reid, Paula Abdul and Simon Cowell, and was well received by the boisterous weekly audience – that is until the Rachel Crow incident, when her decision to send the child home put the deadlocked vote in America’s hands — and America sent her packing.
Adding insult to injury, there were rumors earlier this month that executive producer Cowell will swap Scherzinger with UK judge Kelly Rowland for season two.
When we spoke with Scherzinger earlier this season – before the array of drama that was to come – the singer said her experience with the UK and US “X Factor” shows had already taken a toll on her emotions and even taught her a few things about herself.
Listen below, then scroll down to watch clips from Monday’s Season Finale Press Conference with all four judges and three finalists Melanie Amaro, Josh Krajcik and Chris Rene.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Black Male Valedictorian, Straight A Student, Barred from Walking Grad Stage
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here