*As the US version of “The X Factor” approaches its first season finale this week, rumors continue to swirl around judge Nicole Scherzinger.
The original Pussycat Doll, who served as a co-host for UK’s “X Factor” last year alongside Steve Jones, was brought in to replace original judge Cheryl Cole after US auditions had already gotten underway.
She seemed to fit in nicely with fellow judges LA Reid, Paula Abdul and Simon Cowell, and was well received by the boisterous weekly audience – that is until the Rachel Crow incident, when her decision to send the child home put the deadlocked vote in America’s hands — and America sent her packing.
Adding insult to injury, there were rumors earlier this month that executive producer Cowell will swap Scherzinger with UK judge Kelly Rowland for season two.
When we spoke with Scherzinger earlier this season – before the array of drama that was to come – the singer said her experience with the UK and US “X Factor” shows had already taken a toll on her emotions and even taught her a few things about herself.
Listen below, then scroll down to watch clips from Monday’s Season Finale Press Conference with all four judges and three finalists Melanie Amaro, Josh Krajcik and Chris Rene.
- Michael K. Williams Joins ‘Ghostbusters’ All-Female Remake
- Tami Roman Says Shaunie O’Neal Will ‘Pop Off’ on ‘BBWLA’ This Season (Watch)
- Fo Yo Soul Recordings/RCA Signs Christon Gray
- Nick Gordon Hires Casey Anthony’s Lawyer
- Vanessa Williams Marries Jim Skrip in July 4th Wedding (Pics)
- Enter & WIN in THE GALLOWS 'Found Footage' Sweepstakes from EUR and Warner Bros. /New Line Cinema
- Trump Calls Columbian Miss Universe ‘Hypocrite’ for Keeping Crown Despite Criticism
- Brown Family Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice (Report)
- Bobby Brown Vows 'Justice' Over Bobbi Kristina’s Leaked Hospice Pic (Watch)
- Serena Beats Sister Venus, Advances to Wimbledon Quarterfinals
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here