*Michael Jackson’s daughter Paris opened up about a number of topics during a recent visit to the “Ellen” show, including her budding film career, advice that she received from her famous father and what it was like to wear masks out in public when she and her brothers were younger, which she admits was a bit weird.
“I’m like, ‘This is stupid, why am I wearing a mask?’ ” she tells Ellen in an interview airing Thursday. “But I kind of realized the older I got, like, he only tried to protect us. And he’d explain that to us, too.”
As for the most memorable thing her father ever told her, she recalls, “He said, ‘If I die tomorrow, always remember what I told you.’ I took his advice, and I remembered everything he told me..”
She said the King of Pop was the one who inspired her desire to go into acting.
“My dad was in the movie ‘Moonwalker,’ and I knew he could sing really well but I didn’t know he could act. I saw that and I said, ‘Wow, I want to be just like him,’ ” says Paris, who has a role in the upcoming fantasy movie “Lundon’s Bridge and the Three Keys.”
“We would do improv together,” she adds. “He would give us little scenarios. He would go, ‘Okay, in this scene you’re going to cry,’ and I’d cry on the spot.”
As for her lifestyle nowadays, she says she lives a relatively normal life. “I’m treated the same,” she says. “When I came to [school], they didn’t know who I was. I was like, yes, I have a chance to be normal.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- A 'Broke' 50 Cent Flaunts Stacks of Cash in Fridge (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here