*R. Kelly has placed his Chicago home on the market after he was threatened with foreclosure.
The R&B crooner faced losing the property in June after defaulting on his mortgage with JPMorgan Chase Bank. They claimed Kelly had stopped making monthly payments on the suburban property in the summer of 2010, prompting them to take action.
Kelly has now decided to sell off the gated home and has placed it on the market for just under $1.6 million, according to the Chicago Tribune.
The house is just one financial problem facing the singer. Earlier this year, he was hit with a tax lien for $837,000.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Kehoe Brothers to Direct R-rated Action-comedy for Tyler Perry
- Beyonce's Lemonade Drama, Prince Updates, Boycotting Target and More! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here