*Add Stevie Wonder to the list of stars rumored to be getting big bucks to perform New Year’s Eve.
According to The New York Post, the R&B legend will earn $1 million to play the Cosmopolitan Las Vegas on Dec. 31, as the resort celebrates its first year in business. But Wonder’s big-ticket payday looks like a bargain compared to last year when the Cosmopolitan shelled out a reported $1 million each for Coldplay and Jay-Z to play.
The casino hotel spent up to $25 million for its New Year’s Eve opening weekend bash overall.
Elsewhere on the Strip, “Modern Family” actress Sofia Vergara will host a countdown at Hyde Las Vegas, marking the opening for the nightclub at the Bellagio. Vergara steps in after organizers were in talks with Sean “Diddy” Combs and Justin Timberlake to host the event, but couldn’t reach an agreement.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (02-09-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here