*Add Stevie Wonder to the list of stars rumored to be getting big bucks to perform New Year’s Eve.
According to The New York Post, the R&B legend will earn $1 million to play the Cosmopolitan Las Vegas on Dec. 31, as the resort celebrates its first year in business. But Wonder’s big-ticket payday looks like a bargain compared to last year when the Cosmopolitan shelled out a reported $1 million each for Coldplay and Jay-Z to play.
The casino hotel spent up to $25 million for its New Year’s Eve opening weekend bash overall.
Elsewhere on the Strip, “Modern Family” actress Sofia Vergara will host a countdown at Hyde Las Vegas, marking the opening for the nightclub at the Bellagio. Vergara steps in after organizers were in talks with Sean “Diddy” Combs and Justin Timberlake to host the event, but couldn’t reach an agreement.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here