*Smokey Robinson has teamed up with the tailor of late boxing icon Joe Frazier to launch a new clothing line in 2012.
James Andrew, who has dressed R&B’s biggest stars for years, has been working closely with Robinson in recent months and their suit, shirt and golfwear designs – the Smokey Robinson Collection –will hit stores in spring 2012, according to WENN.
Andrew, who was also planning to release a line with Frazier before he fell ill and died and last month, tells WENN, “I have always been a fan of Smokey’s music and he’s a very stylish guy so when he got in touch with me and we started working together I was thrilled.”
The signature item in the new Smokey Robinson Collection is an ice-white suit, which Andrew hopes his partner will model in 2012 – before it becomes available at leading department stores.
Robinson and Andrew are also planning to create a line of upmarket womenswear and accessories, as well as perfumes and colognes.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 2016 BET Awards See Spike in Viewership
- 4 Upgrades to Catch the Eye of Luxury Homebuyers
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Dogs Bark, Sharks Attack, And Alligators Eat People
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits 2016 Pt.2
- THE (06-28-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here