*Smokey Robinson has teamed up with the tailor of late boxing icon Joe Frazier to launch a new clothing line in 2012.
James Andrew, who has dressed R&B’s biggest stars for years, has been working closely with Robinson in recent months and their suit, shirt and golfwear designs – the Smokey Robinson Collection –will hit stores in spring 2012, according to WENN.
Andrew, who was also planning to release a line with Frazier before he fell ill and died and last month, tells WENN, “I have always been a fan of Smokey’s music and he’s a very stylish guy so when he got in touch with me and we started working together I was thrilled.”
The signature item in the new Smokey Robinson Collection is an ice-white suit, which Andrew hopes his partner will model in 2012 – before it becomes available at leading department stores.
Robinson and Andrew are also planning to create a line of upmarket womenswear and accessories, as well as perfumes and colognes.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Socialist's Journal: 'Meternity Leave'
- Meet the Black Businessman Giving Ex-Cons, Veterans, and Homeless Support for Success
- THE (05-03-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ringside Update/Ortiz vs Berto II The Second Chapter
- Johnny Gill Says New Album to Accompany New Edition Biopic
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here