*Smokey Robinson has teamed up with the tailor of late boxing icon Joe Frazier to launch a new clothing line in 2012.
James Andrew, who has dressed R&B’s biggest stars for years, has been working closely with Robinson in recent months and their suit, shirt and golfwear designs – the Smokey Robinson Collection –will hit stores in spring 2012, according to WENN.
Andrew, who was also planning to release a line with Frazier before he fell ill and died and last month, tells WENN, “I have always been a fan of Smokey’s music and he’s a very stylish guy so when he got in touch with me and we started working together I was thrilled.”
The signature item in the new Smokey Robinson Collection is an ice-white suit, which Andrew hopes his partner will model in 2012 – before it becomes available at leading department stores.
Robinson and Andrew are also planning to create a line of upmarket womenswear and accessories, as well as perfumes and colognes.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Antoine Fuqua to Direct ‘Training Day’ Series for CBS
- Chicago Cop Fatally Shoots Teen, Then Sues His Family
- Jay Z's Tidal Selects #BlackLivesMatter for $1.5M Donation
- EUR Exclusive 'Hit the Floor Clip: Funny/Sexy Tension in 'Vegas (WATCH)
- New 'Ghostbusters' Character Images Revealed
- Kerry Washington Talks Pressures Black Women Face
- Cam Newton Stars in New Beats by Dre Ad Featuring Future (WATCH)
- Bronx is Latest Location for NYC 'Subway Slasher' (Lone Suspect is Red Haired Brotha')
- L.A. Reid Confesses to Wendy He Failed Whitney Houston (WATCH)
- NFL Great Jerry Rice is Driving for Lyft in San Francisco (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here