*Smokey Robinson has teamed up with the tailor of late boxing icon Joe Frazier to launch a new clothing line in 2012.
James Andrew, who has dressed R&B’s biggest stars for years, has been working closely with Robinson in recent months and their suit, shirt and golfwear designs – the Smokey Robinson Collection –will hit stores in spring 2012, according to WENN.
Andrew, who was also planning to release a line with Frazier before he fell ill and died and last month, tells WENN, “I have always been a fan of Smokey’s music and he’s a very stylish guy so when he got in touch with me and we started working together I was thrilled.”
The signature item in the new Smokey Robinson Collection is an ice-white suit, which Andrew hopes his partner will model in 2012 – before it becomes available at leading department stores.
Robinson and Andrew are also planning to create a line of upmarket womenswear and accessories, as well as perfumes and colognes.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Quvenzhane Wallis' Book Deal, J-Hud Says Son 'Saved My Life'
- Patti LaBelle, Quentin Tarantino + More on 'The Big Interview'
- 18,500 Parents, Students, and Educators Rally to Demand End to 'Tale of Two School Systems' in New York City [PHOTOS]
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Universal Pictures’ Steve Jobs is a Brilliant Look into a Genius' Mind
- Raven Symone Hates Ethnic Names, Nicki Minaj Beef, Kardashian's Named 1st Family | BHL's This Week
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here