*Smokey Robinson has teamed up with the tailor of late boxing icon Joe Frazier to launch a new clothing line in 2012.
James Andrew, who has dressed R&B’s biggest stars for years, has been working closely with Robinson in recent months and their suit, shirt and golfwear designs – the Smokey Robinson Collection –will hit stores in spring 2012, according to WENN.
Andrew, who was also planning to release a line with Frazier before he fell ill and died and last month, tells WENN, “I have always been a fan of Smokey’s music and he’s a very stylish guy so when he got in touch with me and we started working together I was thrilled.”
The signature item in the new Smokey Robinson Collection is an ice-white suit, which Andrew hopes his partner will model in 2012 – before it becomes available at leading department stores.
Robinson and Andrew are also planning to create a line of upmarket womenswear and accessories, as well as perfumes and colognes.
- A Blunted Out Snoop Doog Blasts Tom Brady NFL Victory: BULLSH*T! (Watch)
- Rihanna Goes Braless in New Dior Magazine Spread (Pics)
- Janet Jackson to Debut New Song on Beats 1; Reveals ‘Unbreakable’ Tracklist
- Idris Elba Responds to James Bond Author Saying He’s ‘Too Street’
- Check Out New 'Bridge' Clip from cartel-thriller SICARIO (Watch)
- NYU Removes Bill Cosby’s Name from Film Workshop Program
- Donald Trump to Kareem Abdul Jabbar: ‘You Don’t Have a Clue About Life’
- 'Slave Trade' Video Game Altered After Social Media Backlash
- Michel'le Back with New Single: 'It's Nothing' (LISTEN)
- ‘Welcome to Death Row’ Shopped as a Sequel to ‘Straight Outta Compton’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here