*CNN has announced the names of its new morning shows launching next week.
Beginning Jan. 2, Soledad O’Brien’s 7-9 a.m. program will be titled “Starting Point.” The broadcast will be, in CNN’s words, a “conversational ensemble” show, with O’Brien at the center.
Former MSNBC anchor Ashleigh Banfield will host the 5-7 a.m. program titled “Early Start,” along with former local Chicago newscaster, Zoraida Sambolin.
As previously reported, CNN announced in November that it had decided to dismantle its current morning show “American Morning,” and divide the program into two separate shows: one from 5-7 a.m. and the other from 7-9 a.m.
Former “American Morning” anchor O’Brien (she co-hosted from 2003-2007) was recruited back to mornings for the second shift – just in time for the Jan. 3rd Iowa caucuses. According to Broadcasting & Cable, O’Brien will report live from Des Moines, Iowa on Jan. 2 and 3.
Banfield and Sambolin will remain at the CNN Election Center.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here