*CNN has announced the names of its new morning shows launching next week.
Beginning Jan. 2, Soledad O’Brien’s 7-9 a.m. program will be titled “Starting Point.” The broadcast will be, in CNN’s words, a “conversational ensemble” show, with O’Brien at the center.
Former MSNBC anchor Ashleigh Banfield will host the 5-7 a.m. program titled “Early Start,” along with former local Chicago newscaster, Zoraida Sambolin.
As previously reported, CNN announced in November that it had decided to dismantle its current morning show “American Morning,” and divide the program into two separate shows: one from 5-7 a.m. and the other from 7-9 a.m.
Former “American Morning” anchor O’Brien (she co-hosted from 2003-2007) was recruited back to mornings for the second shift – just in time for the Jan. 3rd Iowa caucuses. According to Broadcasting & Cable, O’Brien will report live from Des Moines, Iowa on Jan. 2 and 3.
Banfield and Sambolin will remain at the CNN Election Center.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here