*CNN has announced the names of its new morning shows launching next week.
Beginning Jan. 2, Soledad O’Brien’s 7-9 a.m. program will be titled “Starting Point.” The broadcast will be, in CNN’s words, a “conversational ensemble” show, with O’Brien at the center.
Former MSNBC anchor Ashleigh Banfield will host the 5-7 a.m. program titled “Early Start,” along with former local Chicago newscaster, Zoraida Sambolin.
As previously reported, CNN announced in November that it had decided to dismantle its current morning show “American Morning,” and divide the program into two separate shows: one from 5-7 a.m. and the other from 7-9 a.m.
Former “American Morning” anchor O’Brien (she co-hosted from 2003-2007) was recruited back to mornings for the second shift – just in time for the Jan. 3rd Iowa caucuses. According to Broadcasting & Cable, O’Brien will report live from Des Moines, Iowa on Jan. 2 and 3.
Banfield and Sambolin will remain at the CNN Election Center.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- No Designers Wanted to Dress Leslie Jones for 'Ghostbusters' Red Carpet
- Drake Struggles With 'Work Banter' in Cut ‘SNL’ Sketch (Watch)
- Stranger Defends Teen Harassed for Selling Candy Outside Target (Watch)
- Chris Brown Responds to Recent Exits from ‘People Claiming to Be My Team’
- Shirley Caesar Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (Watch Full Ceremony)
- Tyrese Gibson Back as Robert Epps for ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here