*CNN has announced the names of its new morning shows launching next week.
Beginning Jan. 2, Soledad O’Brien’s 7-9 a.m. program will be titled “Starting Point.” The broadcast will be, in CNN’s words, a “conversational ensemble” show, with O’Brien at the center.
Former MSNBC anchor Ashleigh Banfield will host the 5-7 a.m. program titled “Early Start,” along with former local Chicago newscaster, Zoraida Sambolin.
As previously reported, CNN announced in November that it had decided to dismantle its current morning show “American Morning,” and divide the program into two separate shows: one from 5-7 a.m. and the other from 7-9 a.m.
Former “American Morning” anchor O’Brien (she co-hosted from 2003-2007) was recruited back to mornings for the second shift – just in time for the Jan. 3rd Iowa caucuses. According to Broadcasting & Cable, O’Brien will report live from Des Moines, Iowa on Jan. 2 and 3.
Banfield and Sambolin will remain at the CNN Election Center.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here