*Director Spike Lee, actress Rashida Jones and rapper/actor Ice T all have works in the 2012 Sundance Film Festival, organizers announced Monday.
Lee has directed “Red Hook Summer” from a screenplay he wrote with James McBride about a young Atlanta boy who spends his summer in Brooklyn with the grandfather he’s never met.
Festival director John Cooper and director of programming Trevor Groth note that the film has the flavor of Lee’s early work and “may push some buttons,” Groth says. Lee last had the musical adaptation “Passing Strange” in the festival in 2009.
Jones, star of NBC’s “Parks & Recreation,” has co-written the film “Celeste and Jesse Forever,” which also stars Jones and “Saturday Night Live’s” Andy Samberg as high school sweethearts trying to remain friends after their divorce.
Ice-T will screen his exploration of the history of hip-hop, “Something From Nothing: The Art Of Rap,” co-directed by Andy Baybutt.
The 28th annual festival runs January 19-29 with screenings and events in Park City, Salt Lake City, Ogden and Sundance, Utah. The complete program will feature 112 feature-length films from 31 countries, including 90 world premieres.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyoncé Partners with Amex & Uber for 'Formation' Fan Experience
- Prince Family Money Fight! Sister Tyka Storms Out of Meeting
- Six Year Old Starved by Parents Forced to Eat Hot Dog Smoothies (Video)
- Master P's Ex Has 'Stripper' Goals - Meet Ayesha Curry's Alter Ego
- First Footage & New Character Pics from Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez On Me' (Watch)
- Pink Recalls the Time Prince Rejected Her Duet Request: 'I Told Him He Was a Rude F**k'
- New Trailer: Barack and Michelle's First Date in ‘Southside With You’
- Usher’s Snapchat Fail Results in Inadvertent D*** Pic
- NFL’s DeAndre Levy Urges Fellow Athletes to ‘Man Up’ Against Sexual Assault
- Urban Prep’s Entire Senior Class College Bound for 7th Consecutive Year
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here