We’re talking about Vanessa Long, the wife of embattled Bishop Eddie Long, who on Friday filed for divorce, then announced that she was stopping the petition and now we’re back full circle to her saying that she will go through with the divorce after all. Geez, it’s enough to make your head spin.
In a statement issued late Friday, Mrs. Long’s attorney says “she has determined that dismissal of her divorce petition is not appropriate at this time.”
Earlier Friday, a few hours after she made it public she divorcing Bishop Long, she said in a statement released New Birth Missionary Baptist Church, that she loves her husband and planned to withdraw her petition.
By the way, according to the divorce petition filed Thursday in DeKalb Superior Court, the couple is “currently living in a bona fide state of separation.”
The split comes more than a year after allegations that Eddie Long used his lavish lifestyle and position of spiritual authority to lure four young men into sexual relationships. Long settled the cases but has never admitted to any wrongdoing.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Chris Brown Snatches Phone Away From Woman Recording Him (Watch)
- Malia Obama to Intern This Summer at U.S. Embassy in Spain
- Usher’s ‘Don’t Trump America’ Shirt from BET Awards Now On Sale
- Lil Wayne’s Prison Memoir ‘Gone Til November’ Finally Due in October
- Dollywood's 'World's Fastest Wooden Coaster' is Slowed due to Recall
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- THE (06-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here