We’re talking about Vanessa Long, the wife of embattled Bishop Eddie Long, who on Friday filed for divorce, then announced that she was stopping the petition and now we’re back full circle to her saying that she will go through with the divorce after all. Geez, it’s enough to make your head spin.
In a statement issued late Friday, Mrs. Long’s attorney says “she has determined that dismissal of her divorce petition is not appropriate at this time.”
Earlier Friday, a few hours after she made it public she divorcing Bishop Long, she said in a statement released New Birth Missionary Baptist Church, that she loves her husband and planned to withdraw her petition.
By the way, according to the divorce petition filed Thursday in DeKalb Superior Court, the couple is “currently living in a bona fide state of separation.”
The split comes more than a year after allegations that Eddie Long used his lavish lifestyle and position of spiritual authority to lure four young men into sexual relationships. Long settled the cases but has never admitted to any wrongdoing.
- THE (08-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kanye to Run for President, Revisits Taylor Swift Hijack (WATCH)
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here