We’re talking about Vanessa Long, the wife of embattled Bishop Eddie Long, who on Friday filed for divorce, then announced that she was stopping the petition and now we’re back full circle to her saying that she will go through with the divorce after all. Geez, it’s enough to make your head spin.
In a statement issued late Friday, Mrs. Long’s attorney says “she has determined that dismissal of her divorce petition is not appropriate at this time.”
Earlier Friday, a few hours after she made it public she divorcing Bishop Long, she said in a statement released New Birth Missionary Baptist Church, that she loves her husband and planned to withdraw her petition.
By the way, according to the divorce petition filed Thursday in DeKalb Superior Court, the couple is “currently living in a bona fide state of separation.”
The split comes more than a year after allegations that Eddie Long used his lavish lifestyle and position of spiritual authority to lure four young men into sexual relationships. Long settled the cases but has never admitted to any wrongdoing.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- A 'Broke' 50 Cent Flaunts Stacks of Cash in Fridge (WATCH)
- Here’s why the Alleged Planned Parenthood Killer Isn’t called a Domestic Terrorist
- Pilar Sanders Will Have to Pay Deion Sanders $2.2M and Go Back to Jail
- Police Erased Video of Laquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here