When the announcement was made, critics were skeptical since seasoned actor Morgan Freeman played the Alex Cross character on a big screen production in “Kiss The Girls.” Perry is mostly known for his drag character Madea, so some wonder if he’ll be able to step out of the norm and be taken seriously.
But “Cross” costar and director, Edward Burns, believes in Perry and says a lot of folks are gonna be surprised with his performance. Here’s what he told ComingSoon.net:
“There are things that will shock people, mostly though Tyler Perry’s performance. The guy is so good in this movie and so powerful that I think people are going to be really shocked. He came and delivered. He’s a big dude, a smart guy. He’s a very powerful presence both physically and intellectually, so I think people are going to be very surprised.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- W. Kamau Bell Screens 'United Shades of America' in Atlanta
- Flavor Flav Offered to Give O.J. Simpson Back His Bronze Statue
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Javier Colon performs May 4, 2016 at Rams Head on Stage
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here