*Usher’s ex-wife, Tameka Raymond, recently took to Twitter to express her feelings about gay men on the “down low,” and how they should be identified – for the benefit of straight women with lousy gaydar.
Last month, the 40-year-old mother and stylist filed a petition against ex-husband Usher for sole custody of their two sons and additional child support. But the singer isn’t the only target of her rage.
She also sent out a message to gay men who look straight, saying they should identify themselves with “bright wristbands” rather than Timberlands, caps or vests.
After receiving angry backlash, Raymond attempted to clear the smoke by making it clear, saying she was not talking about all gay men but was referring to those who participate in “trickery.” But she defended her decision to speak her mind.
“Game has a problem with people that are pretending not to be gay and are gay,” he said during the interview. “Because the number one issue with that is that you could be fooling somebody and you could give them AIDS and they can die.”
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, black women accounted for 30 percent of new HIV infections among all blacks in 2009, and had an estimated HIV infection rate 15 times higher than white women and three times higher than Latino women.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- WATCH: Celebs Talk Summer Anthems at the 2016 BET Awards
- Opinion: Kanye West Not Worth a Billion dollars from Adidas Deal (WATCH)
- Future Talks Album Flop, Ciara's Lawsuit & Russell Wilson
- Woman’s Viral National Anthem Leads to National TV Singing Debut on ‘GMA’ (Watch)
- Mike Tirico Says Goodbye to ESPN after 25 Years (Watch Full Remarks)
- Vic Mensa Suggests Justin Timberlake ‘Support Black People When It’s More Difficult’ (Watch)
- Apple in Talks to Acquire Jay Z’s Streaming Service Tidal
- Ludacris Surprises Wife Eudoxie With New $160,000 Benz (Watch)
- Free Hamburgers to Anyone Who Changes Their Last Name to 'Burger'
- Kyrie Irving Calls ‘No Black Girls Allowed’ Yacht Party Backlash ‘Ridiculous’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here