*Warner Bros. has released the first trailer for its movie musical Rock of Ages, the 1980s-set movie adaptation of the Tony-nominated Broadway musical about a small-town girl (Julianne Hough) and city boy (Diego Boneta) who meet while both are pursuing their dreams of making it as an actress and rock star, respectively, in Hollywood.
As previously reported, Mary J. Blige plays a Gentleman’s Club owner who inspires the women working there and encourage them in their life journeys.
She can be seen twice in the clip, which showcases many of the A-list cast members, including a long-haired, shirtless Tom Cruise as a rock star who gets asked to sign a fan’s chest, Alec Baldwin (also donning long hair) as the club owner and Catherine Zeta-Jones as a woman who wants to shut down the club because it’s nothing but a place for “sex.” (Think Tipper Gore.)
It also features a slew of ’80s hits, including Night Ranger’s “Sister Christian,” Journey’s “Any Way You Want It” and a mash-up of Twisted Sister’s “We’re Not Gonna Take It” and Starship’s “We Built This City.”
The Adam Shankman-helmed movie, which also stars Malin Akerman, Russell Brand and Paul Giamatti, hits theaters June 1.
Watch the trailer below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Ben Carson Now Blaming the Holocaust on Gun Control (Watch)
- Done Deal: F. Gary Gray Confirmed to Direct ‘Fast & Furious 8’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here