*Warner Bros. has released the first trailer for its movie musical Rock of Ages, the 1980s-set movie adaptation of the Tony-nominated Broadway musical about a small-town girl (Julianne Hough) and city boy (Diego Boneta) who meet while both are pursuing their dreams of making it as an actress and rock star, respectively, in Hollywood.
As previously reported, Mary J. Blige plays a Gentleman’s Club owner who inspires the women working there and encourage them in their life journeys.
She can be seen twice in the clip, which showcases many of the A-list cast members, including a long-haired, shirtless Tom Cruise as a rock star who gets asked to sign a fan’s chest, Alec Baldwin (also donning long hair) as the club owner and Catherine Zeta-Jones as a woman who wants to shut down the club because it’s nothing but a place for “sex.” (Think Tipper Gore.)
It also features a slew of ’80s hits, including Night Ranger’s “Sister Christian,” Journey’s “Any Way You Want It” and a mash-up of Twisted Sister’s “We’re Not Gonna Take It” and Starship’s “We Built This City.”
The Adam Shankman-helmed movie, which also stars Malin Akerman, Russell Brand and Paul Giamatti, hits theaters June 1.
Watch the trailer below.
- Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez Reportedly Heading Toward Divorce?
- Mr. Robinson Debuts Today, August 5
- Call Her 'Chief': Kim Royster Promoted to Highest Position Ever Held by Black Woman in NYPD
- NAACP Sponsors ‘America’s Journey for Justice’
- Black Male International Relations Student Returns From One Year Study in China
- THE (08-05-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LISTEN to Newcomer Babs Savage's New Hit 'La La' - A Unique Twist on the Delfonic's Classic
- #AaliyahForMAC: Aaliyah Fans Start Petition for MAC Line
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Whites Burst into Black Girl's Birthday Party Holding Confed Flags (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here