*Warner Bros. has released the first trailer for its movie musical Rock of Ages, the 1980s-set movie adaptation of the Tony-nominated Broadway musical about a small-town girl (Julianne Hough) and city boy (Diego Boneta) who meet while both are pursuing their dreams of making it as an actress and rock star, respectively, in Hollywood.
As previously reported, Mary J. Blige plays a Gentleman’s Club owner who inspires the women working there and encourage them in their life journeys.
She can be seen twice in the clip, which showcases many of the A-list cast members, including a long-haired, shirtless Tom Cruise as a rock star who gets asked to sign a fan’s chest, Alec Baldwin (also donning long hair) as the club owner and Catherine Zeta-Jones as a woman who wants to shut down the club because it’s nothing but a place for “sex.” (Think Tipper Gore.)
It also features a slew of ’80s hits, including Night Ranger’s “Sister Christian,” Journey’s “Any Way You Want It” and a mash-up of Twisted Sister’s “We’re Not Gonna Take It” and Starship’s “We Built This City.”
The Adam Shankman-helmed movie, which also stars Malin Akerman, Russell Brand and Paul Giamatti, hits theaters June 1.
Watch the trailer below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Miami Jury Now Holds Fate of 'Facebook Killer' In Their Hands! (Disturbing Photo)
- What Does Future Require In His Concert Dressing Rooms?
- Female Characters in ‘The Wiz Live!’ Rewritten to be More Empowered
- John Hairston's Gospel Internet Radio Station Hits the Airwaves in January
- He Used to Call Me Ma’am' - A Look Back at Kobe Bryant
- $1.5 Million Bail for Cop Charged in Laquan McDonald Murder
- Keyshia Cole Casually Mentions She’s ‘Engaged’, and Not to Birdman
- Donald Trump Cancels Meeting with Black Pastors
- Eyrkah Badu to Iggy Azalea: ‘What You’re Doing Is Definitely Not Rap’ (Watch)
- Meet Ice-T and Coco’s New Baby Girl, Chanel Nicole (Pic)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here