*Warner Bros. has released the first trailer for its movie musical Rock of Ages, the 1980s-set movie adaptation of the Tony-nominated Broadway musical about a small-town girl (Julianne Hough) and city boy (Diego Boneta) who meet while both are pursuing their dreams of making it as an actress and rock star, respectively, in Hollywood.
As previously reported, Mary J. Blige plays a Gentleman’s Club owner who inspires the women working there and encourage them in their life journeys.
She can be seen twice in the clip, which showcases many of the A-list cast members, including a long-haired, shirtless Tom Cruise as a rock star who gets asked to sign a fan’s chest, Alec Baldwin (also donning long hair) as the club owner and Catherine Zeta-Jones as a woman who wants to shut down the club because it’s nothing but a place for “sex.” (Think Tipper Gore.)
It also features a slew of ’80s hits, including Night Ranger’s “Sister Christian,” Journey’s “Any Way You Want It” and a mash-up of Twisted Sister’s “We’re Not Gonna Take It” and Starship’s “We Built This City.”
The Adam Shankman-helmed movie, which also stars Malin Akerman, Russell Brand and Paul Giamatti, hits theaters June 1.
Watch the trailer below.
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here