*Showtime is giving folks the full season premiere of its upcoming Don Cheadle comedy “House of Lies” early. [Scroll down to watch.]
In a bid to increase sampling, the premium cable network is following a trend that worked well for its Golden Globe-nominated drama “Homeland” and offering the dark comedy early to viewers via its official Web site, YouTube and on demand, in addition to smart phones and tablets.
The model worked well for “Homeland,” which was offered more than two weeks early online and went on to become Showtime’s highest-rated drama premiere in eight years, with 1.08 million viewers at 10 p.m. besting the series bows of “The Borgias” (1.06 million) and “Shameless” (982,000).
House of Lies, a dark comedy about big business, premieres Sunday, Jan. 8 at 10 p.m.
Watch the premiere below.
- Jill Scott Set to Perform Live on ABC's 'GMA' Tuesday at 7 AM
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Funeral to be Held This Week; Family Source Says She Will Be Buried Near Her Mother Whitney Houston
- Derek Luke Slams Instagram Trolls, Defends Interracial Marriage
- Bill Cosby Story Triggers Hacker Attack on New York Magazine Website
- Sandra Bland Co-Inmate Certain Suicide is Cause of Death
- Anthony Davis Turned Down 'DWTS' Because, 'I Can't Dance'
- Dionne Warwick Says Bobbi Kristina, 'In Much Better Hands Now’
- Celebrities React to Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Death
- Ice-T and Coco Are Gonna Have A Baby!
- Report: Joe Jackson Suffers Stroke/Blindness in Brazil
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here