*Showtime is giving folks the full season premiere of its upcoming Don Cheadle comedy “House of Lies” early. [Scroll down to watch.]
In a bid to increase sampling, the premium cable network is following a trend that worked well for its Golden Globe-nominated drama “Homeland” and offering the dark comedy early to viewers via its official Web site, YouTube and on demand, in addition to smart phones and tablets.
The model worked well for “Homeland,” which was offered more than two weeks early online and went on to become Showtime’s highest-rated drama premiere in eight years, with 1.08 million viewers at 10 p.m. besting the series bows of “The Borgias” (1.06 million) and “Shameless” (982,000).
House of Lies, a dark comedy about big business, premieres Sunday, Jan. 8 at 10 p.m.
Watch the premiere below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oprah Winfrey Ready for ‘Greenleaf’ Backlash; Warns T.D. Jakes of Possible Comparisons
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Lawyers in Jerry Heller Case Want Judge to Watch Entire Film for Context
- If You're the Mother of a Teen Girl, You'll Want to Know About This
- Michael Jace Told Wife Before Shooting Her, ‘If You Like Running, Then Run To Heaven’, Son Testifies
- John Legend’s ‘Granny’ Meets Great Granddaughter Luna Simone (Pic)
- EUR Exclusive! Tyler Perry in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Clip #TMNT2 (WATCH)
- Prince Sax Player Joins FAMU Wind Symphony for Beautiful 'Purple Rain' Performance (Watch)
- Grad Party Cancels T.I. Gig after Shooting; Wants $55,000 Payment Back
- Google Announces $250,000 in Grants for Flint, MI Water Crisis
- THE (05-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here