*Showtime is giving folks the full season premiere of its upcoming Don Cheadle comedy “House of Lies” early. [Scroll down to watch.]
In a bid to increase sampling, the premium cable network is following a trend that worked well for its Golden Globe-nominated drama “Homeland” and offering the dark comedy early to viewers via its official Web site, YouTube and on demand, in addition to smart phones and tablets.
The model worked well for “Homeland,” which was offered more than two weeks early online and went on to become Showtime’s highest-rated drama premiere in eight years, with 1.08 million viewers at 10 p.m. besting the series bows of “The Borgias” (1.06 million) and “Shameless” (982,000).
House of Lies, a dark comedy about big business, premieres Sunday, Jan. 8 at 10 p.m.
Watch the premiere below.
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Cynthia Bailey Could Be Demoted on 'Housewives' for Kicking Porsha
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Wendy Williams ‘Disappointed’ in Nicki Minaj Checking Miley Cyrus (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here