*Showtime is giving folks the full season premiere of its upcoming Don Cheadle comedy “House of Lies” early. [Scroll down to watch.]
In a bid to increase sampling, the premium cable network is following a trend that worked well for its Golden Globe-nominated drama “Homeland” and offering the dark comedy early to viewers via its official Web site, YouTube and on demand, in addition to smart phones and tablets.
The model worked well for “Homeland,” which was offered more than two weeks early online and went on to become Showtime’s highest-rated drama premiere in eight years, with 1.08 million viewers at 10 p.m. besting the series bows of “The Borgias” (1.06 million) and “Shameless” (982,000).
House of Lies, a dark comedy about big business, premieres Sunday, Jan. 8 at 10 p.m.
Watch the premiere below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Former NBAer Delonte West is NOT Homeless - Sugar Babies Are Winning?
- Olympics-Bound Gymnast Simone Biles Can Not Be Stopped (Watch)
- Judge Joe Brown Banned from Practicing Law in Tennessee
- DMX Joins Keke Palmer, Aunjanue Ellis in Indie Film ‘Pimp’
- Kanye West Expands Adidas Partnership to Include Line of Apparel, Accessories
- Willow Smith: The New Face of Chanel Eyewear (Pics & Video)
- Father of Orlando Shooting Victim Refuses to Claim Son's Body
- Russell Simmons' All Def Digital Lands New $10M in Financing
- Daniel Craig In Talks to Join Halle Berry in LA Riots Drama ‘Kings’
- Theodore 'Ted' Myles Terry's 'Turn Me Loose' (Life & Times of Dick Gregory) a Success
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here