*Hey, remember the NBA lockout? Remember how depressed we all were without basketball, and how we were all forced to wait ‘til Sunday to actually care about sports? Well, what else could we watch – NASCAR?
Thankfully, that’s all over. The NBA will be back in a few weeks. So, with the return approaching…here are five foolproof (or foolhardy) predictions for this upcoming NBA season.
- THE CELTICS ARE DONE – The AARP group is great, but they’re all getting older. An off-season of trade rumors will leave Rondo in a funk, and they have no real bench. They’ll make the playoffs, but be out early.
- KOBE BRYANT’S LUCK WILL RUN OUT – Bryant’s gone through most of his career without a major injury. All the miles – from the playoffs, regular season, and the Olympics – will catch up to him this year. Expect some significant injury time.
- THE CLIPPERS EMERGE – Blake Griffin and Co. take the next step. Expect a six seed in the playoffs and a respectable first-round loss that will lay the seeds for a bright future. Unless the nut-job Clippers owner screws it all up, of course.
- THE KNICKS IMPROVE – Not enough to win a title, but enough to win a playoff series, at least. Tyson Chandler, Carmelo “Melo” Anthony and Amare Stoudemire give the Knickerbockers some serious star power.
- THE HEAT WIN IT ALL – Provided they reinforce their bench (the signing of Shane Battier helps). This season sets up perfectly for LeBron James, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Anthony Anderson Joins Queen Latifah-Produced Travel Series ‘The Best Place to Be’
- Al Qaeda to Lone Wolves in U.S.: Only Target Whites to Avoid ‘Hate Crime’ Label
- Baltimore Rapper Lor Scoota Fatally Shot Leaving ‘Peace in the Streets’ Charity Hoops Game
- Steve Harvey Speechless when Kellie Pickler Almost Falls Trying to Buzz In on ‘Family Feud’ (Watch)
- Suge Knight Sues Chris Brown over Miami Club Shooting
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here