*Black-Eyed Peas frontman Will.i.am will join Jessie J and two yet-to-be announced celebrities as coaches on a U.K. version of NBC’s “The Voice,” which will begin airing on BBC1 next spring, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The multi-platinum selling artist, producer and songwriter has sold 31 million albums and 58 million singles worldwide as the founder of the seven- times Grammy Award-winning band. He’s also worked with the likes of Michael Jackson, Rihanna, Usher and Cheryl Cole.
Will.i.am’s selection will prompt speculation that Cole may also take a judging slot or appear in a guest role on the show, but BBC1 boss Danny Cohen wasn’t giving any hints as he announced the move.
Will.i.am said he was thrilled to be selected for the British version of the NBC smash hit.
“I’m proud to be doing The Voice U.K. because the U.K. was the first place I saw success. It’s the place I’m the most creative outside of home.”
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Russell Wilson, Ciara Practicing Abstinence: ‘I Need You to Pray for Us’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here