*Black-Eyed Peas frontman Will.i.am will join Jessie J and two yet-to-be announced celebrities as coaches on a U.K. version of NBC’s “The Voice,” which will begin airing on BBC1 next spring, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The multi-platinum selling artist, producer and songwriter has sold 31 million albums and 58 million singles worldwide as the founder of the seven- times Grammy Award-winning band. He’s also worked with the likes of Michael Jackson, Rihanna, Usher and Cheryl Cole.
Will.i.am’s selection will prompt speculation that Cole may also take a judging slot or appear in a guest role on the show, but BBC1 boss Danny Cohen wasn’t giving any hints as he announced the move.
Will.i.am said he was thrilled to be selected for the British version of the NBC smash hit.
“I’m proud to be doing The Voice U.K. because the U.K. was the first place I saw success. It’s the place I’m the most creative outside of home.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Meet the Black Businessman Giving Ex-Cons, Veterans, and Homeless Support for Success
- THE (05-03-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ringside Update/Ortiz vs Berto II The Second Chapter
- Johnny Gill Says New Album to Accompany New Edition Biopic
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here