*Black-Eyed Peas frontman Will.i.am will join Jessie J and two yet-to-be announced celebrities as coaches on a U.K. version of NBC’s “The Voice,” which will begin airing on BBC1 next spring, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The multi-platinum selling artist, producer and songwriter has sold 31 million albums and 58 million singles worldwide as the founder of the seven- times Grammy Award-winning band. He’s also worked with the likes of Michael Jackson, Rihanna, Usher and Cheryl Cole.
Will.i.am’s selection will prompt speculation that Cole may also take a judging slot or appear in a guest role on the show, but BBC1 boss Danny Cohen wasn’t giving any hints as he announced the move.
Will.i.am said he was thrilled to be selected for the British version of the NBC smash hit.
“I’m proud to be doing The Voice U.K. because the U.K. was the first place I saw success. It’s the place I’m the most creative outside of home.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Tracy Morgan Says God Spoke to Him After Crash: ‘I Went to the Other Side’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here