*Between the hustle and bustle of everything busy, the squeaking of the brakes that need to be fixed, the steady pile up of bills that need to be paid, and the troublesome appointments that need to be booked, our lives can oftentimes become so cluttered with activity that we lose ourselves in the midst.
We live in a world of go-getters and high-achievers, and that’s wonderful because that means we live in a world that is progressive and evolutionary. However, we can allow life to get so busy, so off-balanced and consumed with what needs to get done, that our schedules become the likeness of a toddler’s coloring book. We step away from order and enter into a place where our goals and dreams take the place of God in our lives. Our priorities become muddled, and God becomes an after-thought; sometimes the last thought.
Yet, should we slow down for a minute, we would hear the voice of the Master calling above the din. His voice gently calls to us to come away and find him.
God knows us better than anyone else. He knows that we need to be saved, oftentimes from our very own selves. He knows that even though our intentions are good, we can get lost in the excessive amount of activities we engage in daily and fall prey to our fears and our internal vices. That’s why He calls us away.
We need Him, so desperately. We need Him after all of our abilities have been expended. We need Him, because the subtle diversion of our activities can become detrimental to our spiritual health. Even after all our goals have been accomplished, our unfailing need for Him will never be satiated.
Have you lost balance in your life? Have things become lopsided and disjointed? Then it’s time to meet with God and have Him pour into you like only He can. Let him nurse you back to good health and equip you for the next phase of your journey.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- After Super Bowl 50 Performance Beyonce Announces 'Formation Tour'
- Denver Broncos Beat Carolina Panthers 24-10 to Win Super Bowl
- PETA Approves Jada Pinkett Smith's Ivory Tusk Decor
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Antoine Fuqua to Direct ‘Training Day’ Series for CBS
- Chicago Cop Fatally Shoots Teen, Then Sues His Family
- Jay Z's Tidal Selects #BlackLivesMatter for $1.5M Donation
- EUR Exclusive 'Hit the Floor Clip: Funny/Sexy Tension in 'Vegas (WATCH)
- New 'Ghostbusters' Character Images Revealed
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here