*Just reading the headline of this story is confusing. How is it that an African American can be deported to Colombia? Wouldn’t one of the first major tell-tale signs be that the girl couldn’t speak Spanish?
There was no hint of an accent … nothing! Why was there such a laxidasical approach to confirming the identity of this young woman?
According to TheGrio, Jakadrien Turner, 14, ran away from home after problems resulting from her grandfather’s death and her parents divorce. She was picked up for theft, made up a name, and coincidentally, that name matched a Colombian person who had warrants for her arrest. Strange, right? (more…)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kanye West Reportedly Fired Security Guard for Trying to Talk to His Wife
- Prince Being Added to Apollo Theater’s Walk of Fame
- Jay Z To Tell ‘His Side ’ of Beyonce Marriage in New Album (Report)
- Heartbreaking: Teen Bullied on Social Media Over Her Prom Photo
- Lawrence Adjah, Founder of Our Family Dinner, Seeks to Re-Connect Millennials
- Prince Update: He was Scheduled to Meet with Addiction Doctor (Report)
- Beyoncé Announces Investment in Watermelon Sports Drink Co.
- Did You Wake Up to The Voice of 'The Rock'? You Could (Watch)
- 50 Cent Apologizes to Family of Autistic Airport Worker
- Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder wants Pres. Obama to Drink Flint Water
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here