*Just reading the headline of this story is confusing. How is it that an African American can be deported to Colombia? Wouldn’t one of the first major tell-tale signs be that the girl couldn’t speak Spanish?
There was no hint of an accent … nothing! Why was there such a laxidasical approach to confirming the identity of this young woman?
According to TheGrio, Jakadrien Turner, 14, ran away from home after problems resulting from her grandfather’s death and her parents divorce. She was picked up for theft, made up a name, and coincidentally, that name matched a Colombian person who had warrants for her arrest. Strange, right? (more…)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oprah's Convo with T. D. Jakes About Mega Church Series 'Greenleaf' (Photos)
- George Zimmerman Brags About Selling Gun That Killed Trayvon
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Angela Simmons Confirms Pregnancy: 'We Are Overjoyed'
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here