*Just reading the headline of this story is confusing. How is it that an African American can be deported to Colombia? Wouldn’t one of the first major tell-tale signs be that the girl couldn’t speak Spanish?
There was no hint of an accent … nothing! Why was there such a laxidasical approach to confirming the identity of this young woman?
According to TheGrio, Jakadrien Turner, 14, ran away from home after problems resulting from her grandfather’s death and her parents divorce. She was picked up for theft, made up a name, and coincidentally, that name matched a Colombian person who had warrants for her arrest. Strange, right? (more…)
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here