*Just reading the headline of this story is confusing. How is it that an African American can be deported to Colombia? Wouldn’t one of the first major tell-tale signs be that the girl couldn’t speak Spanish?
There was no hint of an accent … nothing! Why was there such a laxidasical approach to confirming the identity of this young woman?
According to TheGrio, Jakadrien Turner, 14, ran away from home after problems resulting from her grandfather’s death and her parents divorce. She was picked up for theft, made up a name, and coincidentally, that name matched a Colombian person who had warrants for her arrest. Strange, right? (more…)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here