*”American Idol” executive producer Nigel Lythgoe is actually asking President Obama to appear on the show and perform his rendition of “Let’s Stay Together” with the song’s original singer, the legendary Al Green.
Lythgoe was apparently blown away by Obama’s short rendition of the song at the Apollo Theater earlier this month.
“We loved your vocal performance so much we’d love to invite you on to American Idol this Season for a duet with Al Green,” Lythgoe tweeted the president today.
The White House has yet to respond.
- POLITICO Magazine: U.S. Mayors Say Ferguson Could Also Happen in Their Cities
- New 'Legal Equalizer' App Aims to Counter Racial Profiling (WATCH)
- Martin Luther King III and Andrew Young to Attend Voting Right Press Conference
- THE (07-29-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- KDAY 93.5 FM Hosts ‘Uplifting Minds II’ National Talent Showcase Competition Saturday, October 24 at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here