*The New York Daily News is reporting that Aretha Franklin’s wedding is off.
Today, the Queen of Soul announced that she and William (Willie) Wilkerson, 64, are not going through with the summer wedding they had planned.
Franklin’s publicist released a joint statement, signed “Aretha and Will” that said: “Will and I have decided we were moving a little too fast, and there were a number of things that had not been thought through thoroughly. There will be no wedding at this time.”
The couple added: “We will not comment on it any further because of the very personal and sensitive nature of it. We appreciate all of the many well wishes from friends.”
This marks at least the second time that Franklin, 69, was briefly engaged to Wilkerson, a retired firefighter. The singing legend was reportedly engaged to Wilkerson for a bit in 1987, about the same time the couple appeared on the cover of Jet magazine.
- Rihanna Puts Support Behind Kanye West’s VMA Presidential Bid
- UCLA Footballer Ishmael Adams Robs Uber Driver; Suspended Indefinitely
- Greg King’s 'Postcards Central American Soul Food' is Top L.A. Food Truck
- Rachel Dolezal is Pregnant
- THE (09-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here