Writer, political commentator and co-founder of the Huffington Post, Arianna Huffington, offered some very interesting, some may say offensive, advice to first lady Michelle Obama during an episode of her “Both Sides Now with Huffington and Matalin” radio program.
She told Mrs. Obama, who was born and raised in the ‘hood in Chicago, to be more like Eleanor Roosevelt and visit “South Central (L.A.)”
Before you get your drawls in a bunch, she may have a point.
Huffington advised her that she should be less focused on the political, snooty things like fundraisers and lavish trips and more action oriented by demonstrating her compassion for people’s suffering.
I’d love [Michelle] to be more [like] Eleanor Roosevelt right now, because the country needs an Eleanor Roosevelt who’s going to go around and at the same time that she’s doing fundraisers in Beverly Hills and Bel Air … she should go to South Central [Los Angeles], I mean, if I were Michelle Obama right now, I would not go anywhere for a fundraiser without going and seeing the places where there is pain, where there is struggle, where there is homelessness, where there is unemployment, because we need to bring that conversation to the center of the debate and there’s nothing like a first lady or … a candidate to take us there.
Matalin, although a little softer with the critical points, agreed, but praised Obama’s efforts with military families.
Listen to it below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Black Male Valedictorian, Straight A Student, Barred from Walking Grad Stage
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here