*Scientists in Australia have renamed a breed of horse-fly after Beyonce, who welcomed a daughter, Blue Ivy, on Saturday (Jan. 7).
The creature, which was first discovered in the year of her birth, 1981, will now be called Scaptia (Plinthina) Beyonceae. Scientists claim they decided on the name after the insect’s golden hair reminded them of Beyonce.
“It was the unique dense golden hairs on the fly’s abdomen that led me to name this fly in honor of the performer Beyonce as well as giving me the chance to demonstrate the fun side of taxonomy – the naming of species,” said Bryan Lessard, from Australia’s science agency Csiro.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- 2016 Music Festival Rolls into Cincinnati July 22-23
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here