*Scientists in Australia have renamed a breed of horse-fly after Beyonce, who welcomed a daughter, Blue Ivy, on Saturday (Jan. 7).
The creature, which was first discovered in the year of her birth, 1981, will now be called Scaptia (Plinthina) Beyonceae. Scientists claim they decided on the name after the insect’s golden hair reminded them of Beyonce.
“It was the unique dense golden hairs on the fly’s abdomen that led me to name this fly in honor of the performer Beyonce as well as giving me the chance to demonstrate the fun side of taxonomy – the naming of species,” said Bryan Lessard, from Australia’s science agency Csiro.
- Rumor or Fact? L.A. Gang Threatens to Kill 100 People in 100 Days
- POLITICO Magazine: U.S. Mayors Say Ferguson Could Also Happen in Their Cities
- New 'Legal Equalizer' App Aims to Counter Racial Profiling (WATCH)
- Martin Luther King III and Andrew Young to Attend Voting Right Press Conference
- THE (07-29-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- KDAY 93.5 FM Hosts ‘Uplifting Minds II’ National Talent Showcase Competition Saturday, October 24 at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here