*Scientists in Australia have renamed a breed of horse-fly after Beyonce, who welcomed a daughter, Blue Ivy, on Saturday (Jan. 7).
The creature, which was first discovered in the year of her birth, 1981, will now be called Scaptia (Plinthina) Beyonceae. Scientists claim they decided on the name after the insect’s golden hair reminded them of Beyonce.
“It was the unique dense golden hairs on the fly’s abdomen that led me to name this fly in honor of the performer Beyonce as well as giving me the chance to demonstrate the fun side of taxonomy – the naming of species,” said Bryan Lessard, from Australia’s science agency Csiro.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR Exclusive First Look Clip: Robert Townsend's 'Playin' for Love'
- For the Brothas: Nadkins ... Wet Naps For Your ... You Know
- Zendaya on Her Fears, the 'New Cool' and Obsessive Photoshopping
- Civil Rights Leaders Call for 'Lunch Out' of Pre Oscar Ceremony Luncheon
- James Franco to Direct ‘Zola Tells All’ Based on Stripper Twitter Saga
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here