*In addition to celebrity mentors Christina Aguilera, Adam Levine, Blake Shelton and Cee-Lo Green, NBC’s reality singing competition “The Voice” has added the likes of Babyface, Ne-Yo, Robin Thicke and Lionel Richie to help mentor contestants for the new season, which kicks off Feb. 5.
Each mentor has selected two advisers to lend their skills and knowledge to their contestants.
Aguilera decided to call in Jewel and Richie, while “American Idol” champion Kelly Clarkson and Shelton’s country superstar wife, Miranda Lambert, are set to join his team. Green has brought in Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds and Ne-Yo to help mentor his team and Team Levine will be receiving help from Morissette and Robin Thicke.
“These renowned musicians will bring their unique and recognizable musical styles to the teams,” Paul Telegdy, President of Late Night and Alternative Programming at NBC (NBC and E! are both part of the NBC Universal family), says in a press release. “They are well-respected singers whose invaluable experience will be a tremendous asset to Christina Aguilera, Cee-Lo Green, Adam Levine and Blake Shelton’s artists.”
The guest advisers will come into play during the “battle rounds” phase of the competition, helping out each mentor’s six contestants.
“The Voice” returns after the Super Bowl on Sunday, Feb. 5 at 10 p.m. before settling into its regular timeslot of Mondays at 8 p.m. on Feb. 6.
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here