*If you’ve slept on BBC America’s intense mini-series “Luther,” the network is offering yet another chance to catch the latest season in its entirety, thanks to the Golden Globe win of its star Idris Elba.
As previously reported, Elba won the 2012 Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Mini-Series or Motion Picture for Television during Sunday’s ceremony.
He stars as John Luther, the near-genius detective struggling to cope with his own demons, in two distinctive crime stories which make up the four-part series, which also picked up a Golden Globe.
Devastated by the brutal murder of his wife, John Luther returns to policing in a different world. His old unit has gone and he’s working in the newly created Serious and Serial Unit, headed by former police complaints officer Martin Schenk (Dermot Crowley, Babel, Bleak House).
Luther quickly gathers together his team, rescuing his old partner Detective Justin Ripley (Warren Brown) from uniform. It’s not long before they’re dealing with their first case. A masked man wanders the streets of London, carrying out ritualistic murders in historic locations, working his way up to one final masterpiece.
The “Luther” marathon airs Sunday, Jan. 22, from 11 a.m. ET to 3 p.m. ET.
- Instagram’s ‘Hot Gay Dads’ Call it Quits
- Amber Rose Criticized for Teaching Her Baby 'Hood English' (WATCH)
- Mother of Three Killed By Ex-Boyfriend-Baby-Daddy-Gang Member
- Bill Cosby Set to Be Deposed by Sept. 30 in Judy Huth Case
- Late Golf Great Charlie Sifford's Family Stole $1 Million From Him
- Former NBA All Star Vin Baker Training for Starbucks Manager Spot
- The Griswolds Are Back On 'Vacation' (Watch)
- The Second Deadly Assault on Sandra Bland
- Troubling: Two Officers Corroborated Killer Cop's False Account of DuBose Killing
- Audio Interview: Basketball and Art Unite to Inspire Youth Life Skills (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here