*If you’ve slept on BBC America’s intense mini-series “Luther,” the network is offering yet another chance to catch the latest season in its entirety, thanks to the Golden Globe win of its star Idris Elba.
As previously reported, Elba won the 2012 Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Mini-Series or Motion Picture for Television during Sunday’s ceremony.
He stars as John Luther, the near-genius detective struggling to cope with his own demons, in two distinctive crime stories which make up the four-part series, which also picked up a Golden Globe.
Devastated by the brutal murder of his wife, John Luther returns to policing in a different world. His old unit has gone and he’s working in the newly created Serious and Serial Unit, headed by former police complaints officer Martin Schenk (Dermot Crowley, Babel, Bleak House).
Luther quickly gathers together his team, rescuing his old partner Detective Justin Ripley (Warren Brown) from uniform. It’s not long before they’re dealing with their first case. A masked man wanders the streets of London, carrying out ritualistic murders in historic locations, working his way up to one final masterpiece.
The “Luther” marathon airs Sunday, Jan. 22, from 11 a.m. ET to 3 p.m. ET.
- Director Admits Cutting Roger Goodell Scene in Will Smith’s ‘Concussion’ Film
- Director Ripped for Taylor Swift’s 'Very White Africa' in New Video (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton, Chaka Khan, Kim Zolciak Set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Fox News Anchor Harris Faulkner Sues Hasbro over Toy Hamster
- Porsha Not Pressing Charges Against Cynthia for Stomach Kick
- Venus Williams Graduates from Indiana University
- Chris Bosh’s Baby Mama Reportedly Unable to Afford Bankruptcy Payments
- MTV Says Nicki-Miley Beef 'Unscripted and Real' (Watch it Unedited)
- Cops Enter Wrong House, Kill Dog, Shoot Owner & Fellow Officer (WATCH)
- Black Female Celebs Rule Magazine Covers (At Least for Now)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here