*If you’ve slept on BBC America’s intense mini-series “Luther,” the network is offering yet another chance to catch the latest season in its entirety, thanks to the Golden Globe win of its star Idris Elba.
As previously reported, Elba won the 2012 Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Mini-Series or Motion Picture for Television during Sunday’s ceremony.
He stars as John Luther, the near-genius detective struggling to cope with his own demons, in two distinctive crime stories which make up the four-part series, which also picked up a Golden Globe.
Devastated by the brutal murder of his wife, John Luther returns to policing in a different world. His old unit has gone and he’s working in the newly created Serious and Serial Unit, headed by former police complaints officer Martin Schenk (Dermot Crowley, Babel, Bleak House).
Luther quickly gathers together his team, rescuing his old partner Detective Justin Ripley (Warren Brown) from uniform. It’s not long before they’re dealing with their first case. A masked man wanders the streets of London, carrying out ritualistic murders in historic locations, working his way up to one final masterpiece.
The “Luther” marathon airs Sunday, Jan. 22, from 11 a.m. ET to 3 p.m. ET.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- OMG! Did Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, Really Respond to My Friendly 'Hello?'
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here