*It’s only fitting that on the day we celebrate her father, Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., his youngest daughter, Rev. Bernice A. King, has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of the famed King Center in Atlanta.
The Rev. King, according to The AP, will focus on external affairs on behalf of The King Center, which was founded by her mother, Coretta Scott King, shortly after the civil rights icon was assassinated in 1968. Meanwhile, her oldest brother, Martin Luther King III, will remain president, and their brother, Dexter, will continue to serve as board chairman.
Last year, 48-year-old Bernice King left her role as an elder and pastor at Eddie Long’s New Birth Missionary Baptist Church, and declined to take office as the first woman president of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, the civil rights organization co-founded by her father in 1957.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rocker Malina Moye Talks to EURweb About Grammy Considerations
- Karyn White Snubbed! Left Out of Soul Train Awards Babyface Tribute (WATCH)
- Teen Killed By Black Man, Authorities Refuse to Press Charges (Watch)
- Chicago Cop (Jason Van Dyke) Who Killed Jaquan McDonald Free on Bond
- Jameis Winston: ‘Lions Do Not Accept Opinions of F*cking Sheep!’
- ‘Troubled Loner’ vs. ‘Thugs’: Why the Loaded Language in Crime Stories?
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Donald Trump Is the Master of the Blame Game
- THE (12-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Trump Stands By Claim that ‘Most’ Black Pastors Endorse Him
- Watch Bryshere 'Yazz' Gray Freestyle on 'The Talk'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here