*It’s only fitting that on the day we celebrate her father, Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., his youngest daughter, Rev. Bernice A. King, has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of the famed King Center in Atlanta.
The Rev. King, according to The AP, will focus on external affairs on behalf of The King Center, which was founded by her mother, Coretta Scott King, shortly after the civil rights icon was assassinated in 1968. Meanwhile, her oldest brother, Martin Luther King III, will remain president, and their brother, Dexter, will continue to serve as board chairman.
Last year, 48-year-old Bernice King left her role as an elder and pastor at Eddie Long’s New Birth Missionary Baptist Church, and declined to take office as the first woman president of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, the civil rights organization co-founded by her father in 1957.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kerry Washington Talks Pressures Black Women Face
- Cam Newton Stars in New Beats by Dre Ad Featuring Future (WATCH)
- Bronx is Latest Location for NYC 'Subway Slasher' (Lone Suspect is Red Haired Brotha')
- L.A. Reid Confesses to Wendy He Failed Whitney Houston (WATCH)
- NFL Great Jerry Rice is Driving for Lyft in San Francisco (WATCH)
- Stacey Dash Responds to Anthony Anderson Slamming Her at Image Awards
- Saturday Bets Evens Action Between Broncos and Panthers in 'Vegas
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show, GoFundMe Controversy, Toyota Upcharges Minorities & More! | BHL's This Week
- Anthony Michael Hobbs’ 'One Nation' Screening at Bonita Springs Int'l Film Fest Feb.13
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here