*It’s only fitting that on the day we celebrate her father, Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., his youngest daughter, Rev. Bernice A. King, has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of the famed King Center in Atlanta.
The Rev. King, according to The AP, will focus on external affairs on behalf of The King Center, which was founded by her mother, Coretta Scott King, shortly after the civil rights icon was assassinated in 1968. Meanwhile, her oldest brother, Martin Luther King III, will remain president, and their brother, Dexter, will continue to serve as board chairman.
Last year, 48-year-old Bernice King left her role as an elder and pastor at Eddie Long’s New Birth Missionary Baptist Church, and declined to take office as the first woman president of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, the civil rights organization co-founded by her father in 1957.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Video of Chicago Police Officer Shooting Laquan McDonald Released (WATCH)
- (Video) WATCH: New 'Zootopia' Trailer
- Patti LaBelle Wants to Work with Fetty Wap, Talks Pie Success [WATCH]
- ‘Empire’: Alicia Keys Storyline to Explore Biracial Issues (Watch)
- Erased Burger King Footage in Laquan McDonald Shooting Tested for ‘Tampering’
- Videos Show Armed White Men Threatening #BlackLivesMatter Minneapolis Activists (Watch)
- Arthur Ashe Items From Private Collector Headed to Auction
- Serena Williams Devastated Over Death of Dog Jackie (Video)
- Patti LaBelle Invites James Wright Chanel to Thanksgiving Dinner; Admits Video Increased Sales
- Report: Tyga Hooked Up With Same Porn Star as Charlie Sheen; Jenners in 'Meltdown Mode'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here