It seems a lot of folks on Twitter are getting Bey’s baby’s name twisted. Ivy Blue Carter is trending as baby girl’s moniker, but her name is actually Blue Ivy Carter! Apparently, there was some misinformation at the beginning, but now it has been confirmed.
So, does this make a difference as to the meaning of the baby Blue’s name? Here’s how Gather put it:
It does, though only slightly.
Picking the first name Blue isn’t something that many people expected, which is probably why the name was twisted around on Twitter. Ivy sounds like a much more conventional name than Blue. But, now that we know it is Blue, what does it mean?
Unbeknownst to many, Blue is actually a name with a lot of meaning. For one thing, it is linked to Heaven and it also symbolizes the Virgin Mary, spirituality, and sincerity. In addition, you’ve got to consider that the number four is Beyoncé’s favorite number, so it’s fitting that she’d pick a four letter name.
As for Ivy, it also symbolizes four with IV, being the roman numeral for four. Ivy represents new promise and eternal life in the Christian religion, so we have yet another spiritual name. It also means longevity and eternity.
Put together, Blue Ivy Carter sounds like the perfect name for Beyoncé’s first child, and surely Bey and Jay put a lot of time into choosing it.
What do you think? Did they choose right? Do you care? (Well, we already know what the haters think.)
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here