*Officials at Beulah Hill Baptist Church in Moore County, SC want to make one thing very clear: They do not think Beyonce and Jay-Z’s newborn baby is Satan, says FayObserver.com.
The Rev. Curtis Barbery says church leaders have been inundated at home and work by callers from across the country wondering about a photo circulating online that appears to show the church’s sign with the phrase, “Beyonce had her baby. Satan is on Earth.”
Callers, apparently learning about the sign from celebrity gossip websites like TMZ.com, have been so numerous that officials at the church had to turn off the phone at one point, he said.
“Most of the people weren’t angry, they were just wanting to know what we meant,” Barbery said.
Only problem is, the picture is a fake, Barbery said, adding that the church has no quarrel with baby Blue Ivy Carter or her parents.
“Listen, Satan was here a long time before her baby was born,” Barbery said. “We would never imply that anybody’s baby was Satan. We’re not in that kind of business, condemning people.”
Read the full story at fayobserver.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here