*Shaun Casey, the religious affairs adviser to presidential candidate Barack Obama in 2008, said at a discussion on Tuesday about “God and Politics” that the demise of religious society in the United States is a good thing, reports CNSNews.com.
“I, frankly, am glad American civil religion is dying,” said Casey, who is an associate professor of Christian Ethics at Wesley Theological Seminary in Washington, D.C.
Casey made the remarks at an event focusing on religion and the 2012 presidential election at the liberal Center for American Progress where he was a panelist along with Gabriel Salguero, president of the National Hispanic Evangelical Coalition.
Read the full story at CNSNews.com.
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Perspective on Harris Co. Deputy's Death by Project 21 Member Who Served with Him
- RHOA Fight: Cynthia Bailey Kicked Porsha Williams in the Stomach (Report)
- James Bond Author Now ‘Sorry’ for Calling Idris Elba ‘Too Street’
- Janet Jackson Drops Missy Elliott Collabo at ‘Unbreakable’ Tour Launch (Clips)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here