*A new star has been born on YouTube.
Franchesca Ramsey, creator of viral series “S*** White Girls Say … To Black Girls,” has gotten the blogosphere cracking up. She’s won over 1.2 million views of her comedic videos, many about hair.
The funny thing is, she’s actually a great stylist and natural hair extraordinaire.
In an interview with Essence.com, she laughs about the crazy things White people say to her about her own 8-year-old locs. Strangers often approach her wanting to touch her hair asking, “Is this real?” and “It kind of feels like a Brillo pad.”
ESSENCE.com: Why do you think there is such a fascination with Black women’s natural hair?
RAMSEY: It’s different. It’s unknown. It’s not mainstream. I’ve had a few people say to me that there really aren’t that many natural women in mainstream entertainment. We’ve got Solange and India Arie but they’re not on the same level as Beyonce or Madonna. So a lot of people don’t understand natural hair. They only understand what mainstream media tells them which is that most Black women wear weaves
Read the full story at Essence.com.
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Neechy Gospel: John P. Kee to Release New Project LEVEL NEXT
- Sophie Okonedo to Star in New BBC America Series ‘Undercover’
- Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson Welcome Baby Girl
- Missy Elliott Reportedly Joins ‘The Voice’ Season 9 as a Mentor
- Dylann Roof Enters 33 ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas in Federal Court
- Unauthorized Beyoncé Bio to Reveal Inside Deets on 'SolangeGate'
- 'Peanuts' Celebrates its First African American Character, Franklin
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here