*A new star has been born on YouTube.
Franchesca Ramsey, creator of viral series “S*** White Girls Say … To Black Girls,” has gotten the blogosphere cracking up. She’s won over 1.2 million views of her comedic videos, many about hair.
The funny thing is, she’s actually a great stylist and natural hair extraordinaire.
In an interview with Essence.com, she laughs about the crazy things White people say to her about her own 8-year-old locs. Strangers often approach her wanting to touch her hair asking, “Is this real?” and “It kind of feels like a Brillo pad.”
ESSENCE.com: Why do you think there is such a fascination with Black women’s natural hair?
RAMSEY: It’s different. It’s unknown. It’s not mainstream. I’ve had a few people say to me that there really aren’t that many natural women in mainstream entertainment. We’ve got Solange and India Arie but they’re not on the same level as Beyonce or Madonna. So a lot of people don’t understand natural hair. They only understand what mainstream media tells them which is that most Black women wear weaves
Read the full story at Essence.com.
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here