*A new star has been born on YouTube.
Franchesca Ramsey, creator of viral series “S*** White Girls Say … To Black Girls,” has gotten the blogosphere cracking up. She’s won over 1.2 million views of her comedic videos, many about hair.
The funny thing is, she’s actually a great stylist and natural hair extraordinaire.
In an interview with Essence.com, she laughs about the crazy things White people say to her about her own 8-year-old locs. Strangers often approach her wanting to touch her hair asking, “Is this real?” and “It kind of feels like a Brillo pad.”
ESSENCE.com: Why do you think there is such a fascination with Black women’s natural hair?
RAMSEY: It’s different. It’s unknown. It’s not mainstream. I’ve had a few people say to me that there really aren’t that many natural women in mainstream entertainment. We’ve got Solange and India Arie but they’re not on the same level as Beyonce or Madonna. So a lot of people don’t understand natural hair. They only understand what mainstream media tells them which is that most Black women wear weaves
Read the full story at Essence.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rapper Troy Ave Pleads Not Guilty in T.I. Concert Shooting
- Jack Hanna Agrees '1,000 Percent' with Killing of Gorilla Harambe (Watch)
- Prince Sets Billboard 200 Record More Than a Month After Death
- Damon Dash’s Son "Boogie" Arrested for DUI
- The Socialist's Journal/ The Prodigy: Esther Okade Taking College Courses at 11?!
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): PRINCE IN CINEMA - Remembered by the AAFCA
- Parents of 4-Yr-Old who Fell in Gorilla Enclosure Catching Hell on Social Media
- Newlywed Needs: Best Investment Purchases for the Recently Wed
- Rinkins Report: Financial Expert Shares Insights He Used to Overcome $250k Debt on Reality Series
- THE (05-31-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here