*A new star has been born on YouTube.
Franchesca Ramsey, creator of viral series “S*** White Girls Say … To Black Girls,” has gotten the blogosphere cracking up. She’s won over 1.2 million views of her comedic videos, many about hair.
The funny thing is, she’s actually a great stylist and natural hair extraordinaire.
In an interview with Essence.com, she laughs about the crazy things White people say to her about her own 8-year-old locs. Strangers often approach her wanting to touch her hair asking, “Is this real?” and “It kind of feels like a Brillo pad.”
ESSENCE.com: Why do you think there is such a fascination with Black women’s natural hair?
RAMSEY: It’s different. It’s unknown. It’s not mainstream. I’ve had a few people say to me that there really aren’t that many natural women in mainstream entertainment. We’ve got Solange and India Arie but they’re not on the same level as Beyonce or Madonna. So a lot of people don’t understand natural hair. They only understand what mainstream media tells them which is that most Black women wear weaves
Read the full story at Essence.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mental Health Therapist Teaches Victims to Forgive
- THE (05-04-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Now That Beyonce is Done Eating from the White Man’s Hand, She’s Finally Ready to Be A Negro (How Convenient)
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here