*Hmm, we’re guessing a new article in LA Weekly will turn more than a few heads. We’re talkin’ “The Exorcist” kind of head turning, here!
In an interview with odd future members Syd the Kyd and Matt Martians, Syd flat out accuses Alicia Keys, Queen Latifah and Missy Elliott of being in the closet:
In this week’s cover story, we kick it with Odd Future members Syd the Kyd and Matt Martians, and talk with them about their new duo The Internet, whose album Purple Naked Ladies was recently released digitally. Syd also opens up about her sexuality and what it’s like being in a group that uses “faggot” so much. (Tyler employs it over 200 times on Goblin.) Below are excerpts from our conversations that didn’t make the story.
On the lack of out-of-the-closet gay urban artists:
Syd: “There’s Alicia Keys, who’s married to Swizz Beatz – we know that sh*t ain’t real. You got Queen Latifah kissing Common in movies. Missy Elliott saying she don’t wanna hang with bitches. You know she loves her some bitches.”
On the word “lesbian”:
“I hate the word ‘lesbian.’ Or ‘p*ssy.’ Or even like, ‘thespian.’ They’re just awkward words! If you know me you might hear me say the word ‘gay,’ or something. I’d much rather say gay than lesbian. Not only that, but I don’t know if I’d kick it with a group of lesbians anyway.”
Whoa! Read/learn MORE at LA Weekly
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Draya Michele's Post-Baby Body - Richard Sherman Pranks Himself
- You Can Purchase 'Boycott Beyoncé' Shirts at 'Formation' Tour
- R.Kelly Accused of Screwing Promoter Out of $500k
- W. Kamau Bell Screens 'United Shades of America' in Atlanta
- Flavor Flav Offered to Give O.J. Simpson Back His Bronze Statue
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Javier Colon performs May 4, 2016 at Rams Head on Stage
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here