*Hmm, we’re guessing a new article in LA Weekly will turn more than a few heads. We’re talkin’ “The Exorcist” kind of head turning, here!
In an interview with odd future members Syd the Kyd and Matt Martians, Syd flat out accuses Alicia Keys, Queen Latifah and Missy Elliott of being in the closet:
In this week’s cover story, we kick it with Odd Future members Syd the Kyd and Matt Martians, and talk with them about their new duo The Internet, whose album Purple Naked Ladies was recently released digitally. Syd also opens up about her sexuality and what it’s like being in a group that uses “faggot” so much. (Tyler employs it over 200 times on Goblin.) Below are excerpts from our conversations that didn’t make the story.
On the lack of out-of-the-closet gay urban artists:
Syd: “There’s Alicia Keys, who’s married to Swizz Beatz – we know that sh*t ain’t real. You got Queen Latifah kissing Common in movies. Missy Elliott saying she don’t wanna hang with bitches. You know she loves her some bitches.”
On the word “lesbian”:
“I hate the word ‘lesbian.’ Or ‘p*ssy.’ Or even like, ‘thespian.’ They’re just awkward words! If you know me you might hear me say the word ‘gay,’ or something. I’d much rather say gay than lesbian. Not only that, but I don’t know if I’d kick it with a group of lesbians anyway.”
Whoa! Read/learn MORE at LA Weekly
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- After Super Bowl 50 Performance Beyonce Announces 'Formation Tour'
- Denver Broncos Beat Carolina Panthers 24-10 to Win Super Bowl
- PETA Approves Jada Pinkett Smith's Ivory Tusk Decor
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Antoine Fuqua to Direct ‘Training Day’ Series for CBS
- Chicago Cop Fatally Shoots Teen, Then Sues His Family
- Jay Z's Tidal Selects #BlackLivesMatter for $1.5M Donation
- EUR Exclusive 'Hit the Floor Clip: Funny/Sexy Tension in 'Vegas (WATCH)
- New 'Ghostbusters' Character Images Revealed
- Kerry Washington Talks Pressures Black Women Face
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here