*Hmm, we’re guessing a new article in LA Weekly will turn more than a few heads. We’re talkin’ “The Exorcist” kind of head turning, here!
In an interview with odd future members Syd the Kyd and Matt Martians, Syd flat out accuses Alicia Keys, Queen Latifah and Missy Elliott of being in the closet:
In this week’s cover story, we kick it with Odd Future members Syd the Kyd and Matt Martians, and talk with them about their new duo The Internet, whose album Purple Naked Ladies was recently released digitally. Syd also opens up about her sexuality and what it’s like being in a group that uses “faggot” so much. (Tyler employs it over 200 times on Goblin.) Below are excerpts from our conversations that didn’t make the story.
On the lack of out-of-the-closet gay urban artists:
Syd: “There’s Alicia Keys, who’s married to Swizz Beatz – we know that sh*t ain’t real. You got Queen Latifah kissing Common in movies. Missy Elliott saying she don’t wanna hang with bitches. You know she loves her some bitches.”
On the word “lesbian”:
“I hate the word ‘lesbian.’ Or ‘p*ssy.’ Or even like, ‘thespian.’ They’re just awkward words! If you know me you might hear me say the word ‘gay,’ or something. I’d much rather say gay than lesbian. Not only that, but I don’t know if I’d kick it with a group of lesbians anyway.”
Whoa! Read/learn MORE at LA Weekly
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jessica Williams to Exit ‘The Daily Show’ for Own Comedy Central Pilot
- Why EJ Johnson Decided Against Transitioning: ‘I Thought About it For Sure’ (Watch)
- 'Ed Gordon': Bounce TV's First-Ever Primetime News Magazine Show to Debut Sept. 13
- Songs in the Key of Stevie Wonder and Imhotep Gary Byrd: Celebrating 50 Years of Friendship (EUR Exclusive)
- Former NBAer Delonte West is NOT Homeless - Sugar Babies Are Winning?
- Olympics-Bound Gymnast Simone Biles Can Not Be Stopped (Watch)
- Judge Joe Brown Banned from Practicing Law in Tennessee
- DMX Joins Keke Palmer, Aunjanue Ellis in Indie Film ‘Pimp’
- Kanye West Expands Adidas Partnership to Include Line of Apparel, Accessories
- Willow Smith: The New Face of Chanel Eyewear (Pics & Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here