*Hmm, we’re guessing a new article in LA Weekly will turn more than a few heads. We’re talkin’ “The Exorcist” kind of head turning, here!
In an interview with odd future members Syd the Kyd and Matt Martians, Syd flat out accuses Alicia Keys, Queen Latifah and Missy Elliott of being in the closet:
In this week’s cover story, we kick it with Odd Future members Syd the Kyd and Matt Martians, and talk with them about their new duo The Internet, whose album Purple Naked Ladies was recently released digitally. Syd also opens up about her sexuality and what it’s like being in a group that uses “faggot” so much. (Tyler employs it over 200 times on Goblin.) Below are excerpts from our conversations that didn’t make the story.
On the lack of out-of-the-closet gay urban artists:
Syd: “There’s Alicia Keys, who’s married to Swizz Beatz – we know that sh*t ain’t real. You got Queen Latifah kissing Common in movies. Missy Elliott saying she don’t wanna hang with bitches. You know she loves her some bitches.”
On the word “lesbian”:
“I hate the word ‘lesbian.’ Or ‘p*ssy.’ Or even like, ‘thespian.’ They’re just awkward words! If you know me you might hear me say the word ‘gay,’ or something. I’d much rather say gay than lesbian. Not only that, but I don’t know if I’d kick it with a group of lesbians anyway.”
Whoa! Read/learn MORE at LA Weekly
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here