*Outgoing Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour (pictured) has sparked outrage with his recent pardoning spree which included over 200, according to NPR.*
But the most shocking part of these pardons were that some were for killers, and about 4 of them were for murderers who used to be former employees of his. Those same 4 convicted killers have been released from prison causing concern amongst the public.
These decisions have called for changes in the law which allows the governor to have such authority to grant these pardons.
In addition to those convicted of manslaughter and murder, Barbour gave early release to people convicted of drug crimes, DUI deaths, burglary and kidnapping. Many of the people were already out of prison or otherwise free.
If I were a Mississippi resident or a family of those killed by one of these pardoned convicts, I’d be furious too.
Read more at NPR
- 'The Martian': 'Love Letter to Science' -- Matt Damon
- The Film Strip: New York Comic Con Tickets Going Fast
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Daniele Watts & Boyfriend Sentenced
- Shocking! How BGF Members Made $20K a Month in Jail
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Trump Dismisses Ramos, 2 Reporters Murdered in Virginia, Serena Williams New Boo | BHL's This Week
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here