*Outgoing Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour (pictured) has sparked outrage with his recent pardoning spree which included over 200, according to NPR.*
But the most shocking part of these pardons were that some were for killers, and about 4 of them were for murderers who used to be former employees of his. Those same 4 convicted killers have been released from prison causing concern amongst the public.
These decisions have called for changes in the law which allows the governor to have such authority to grant these pardons.
In addition to those convicted of manslaughter and murder, Barbour gave early release to people convicted of drug crimes, DUI deaths, burglary and kidnapping. Many of the people were already out of prison or otherwise free.
If I were a Mississippi resident or a family of those killed by one of these pardoned convicts, I’d be furious too.
Read more at NPR
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 50 Cent Still Hasn’t Paid $7M Judgment to Rick Ross’ Baby Mother
- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel Fires Police Supt. Garry McCarthy
- Taraji P. Henson, Janelle Monae, Laila Ali Join Alicia Keys Charity as Ambassadors
- Lark Voorhies Reveals Instagram Account was Hacked
- Rocker Malina Moye Talks to EURweb About Grammy Considerations
- Karyn White Snubbed! Left Out of Soul Train Awards Babyface Tribute (WATCH)
- Teen Killed By Black Man, Authorities Refuse to Press Charges (Watch)
- Chicago Cop (Jason Van Dyke) Who Killed Jaquan McDonald Free on Bond
- Jameis Winston: ‘Lions Do Not Accept Opinions of F*cking Sheep!’
- ‘Troubled Loner’ vs. ‘Thugs’: Why the Loaded Language in Crime Stories?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here