*Although TMZ broke the news that Heidi Klum has filed for a divorce from Seal following six years of marriage (and multiple vow renewal ceremonies), the couple tells People.com that they are actually “separating,” not divorcing.
“While we have enjoyed seven very loving, loyal and happy years of marriage, after much soul-searching we have decided to separate,” they said in a written statement to People.
“We have had the deepest respect for one another throughout our relationship and continue to love each other very much, but we have grown apart. This is an amicable process and protecting the well-being of our children remains our top priority, especially during this time of transition. We thank our family, friends, and fans for their kind words of support. And for our children’s sake, we appreciate you respecting our privacy.”
TMZ, however, stands by its story that Heidi wants an outright divorce, and that it has everything to do with his “volcanic temper.”
“Seal’s inability to control his anger has become too much for Heidi to take, in no small part because it’s affecting their children,” according to TMZ.
The website says the couple will file divorce papers in LA County Superior Court early next week and cite ‘irreconcilable differences’ as the reason for the split. TMZ says the breakup “has nothing to do with infidelity,” and quotes one source as saying, “It was a long time in coming” on Heidi’s part.
TMZ is also reporting that their divergent careers played a part in Heidi’s decision:
She has become a mega-entrepreneur and extremely rich, and that professional evolution has created a distance between them. For his part, Seal has a new album coming out and he’s about to launch an international tour. We’re told Heidi and Seal are still living under the same roof, but that will change very soon.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- A Legendary Night in Los Angeles with the Ojays' Eddie Levert
- Prince’s Half-Brother Alfred Says Sibling Trying to Get Him Declared Mentally Incompetent
- Family of Autistic Teen Mocked by 50 Cent Wants $1 Million (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o, Danielle Brooks, Cynthia Erivo Lock Down Tony Nominations
- Amber Rose to Host Weekly VH1 Talk Show Produced by Dr. Phil
- Tupac Shakur's Mother Afeni Shakur-Davis Dies at 69
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here