*Although TMZ broke the news that Heidi Klum has filed for a divorce from Seal following six years of marriage (and multiple vow renewal ceremonies), the couple tells People.com that they are actually “separating,” not divorcing.
“While we have enjoyed seven very loving, loyal and happy years of marriage, after much soul-searching we have decided to separate,” they said in a written statement to People.
“We have had the deepest respect for one another throughout our relationship and continue to love each other very much, but we have grown apart. This is an amicable process and protecting the well-being of our children remains our top priority, especially during this time of transition. We thank our family, friends, and fans for their kind words of support. And for our children’s sake, we appreciate you respecting our privacy.”
TMZ, however, stands by its story that Heidi wants an outright divorce, and that it has everything to do with his “volcanic temper.”
“Seal’s inability to control his anger has become too much for Heidi to take, in no small part because it’s affecting their children,” according to TMZ.
The website says the couple will file divorce papers in LA County Superior Court early next week and cite ‘irreconcilable differences’ as the reason for the split. TMZ says the breakup “has nothing to do with infidelity,” and quotes one source as saying, “It was a long time in coming” on Heidi’s part.
TMZ is also reporting that their divergent careers played a part in Heidi’s decision:
She has become a mega-entrepreneur and extremely rich, and that professional evolution has created a distance between them. For his part, Seal has a new album coming out and he’s about to launch an international tour. We’re told Heidi and Seal are still living under the same roof, but that will change very soon.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Fox News’ Rupert Murdoch Suggests Obama Isn’t a ‘Real Black President’; Apologizes Amid Backlash
- Michel’le Gets Personal with Thinkfactory for New BioPic Partnership
- Matt Barnes and Derek Fisher Reportedly Brawl Over Gloria Govan
- Butt-Injection Death of Bronx Non-profit Executive Ruled 'A Homicide'
- NBAer James Harden Proclaims: ‘I Am the Best Player in the League’
- Woman Punched by CHP Officer Arrested Again on Same Freeway!
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep3) Fires of Heaven
- Roseburg, Oregon Publisher Declares Pres. Obama is 'Not Welcome’ (WATCH)
- Online Tools and Resources Every Small Business - Entrepreneur Should Have
- Syreeta 'The Trumpet Lady' Thompson Releases Digital Single
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here