*Although TMZ broke the news that Heidi Klum has filed for a divorce from Seal following six years of marriage (and multiple vow renewal ceremonies), the couple tells People.com that they are actually “separating,” not divorcing.
“While we have enjoyed seven very loving, loyal and happy years of marriage, after much soul-searching we have decided to separate,” they said in a written statement to People.
“We have had the deepest respect for one another throughout our relationship and continue to love each other very much, but we have grown apart. This is an amicable process and protecting the well-being of our children remains our top priority, especially during this time of transition. We thank our family, friends, and fans for their kind words of support. And for our children’s sake, we appreciate you respecting our privacy.”
TMZ, however, stands by its story that Heidi wants an outright divorce, and that it has everything to do with his “volcanic temper.”
“Seal’s inability to control his anger has become too much for Heidi to take, in no small part because it’s affecting their children,” according to TMZ.
The website says the couple will file divorce papers in LA County Superior Court early next week and cite ‘irreconcilable differences’ as the reason for the split. TMZ says the breakup “has nothing to do with infidelity,” and quotes one source as saying, “It was a long time in coming” on Heidi’s part.
TMZ is also reporting that their divergent careers played a part in Heidi’s decision:
She has become a mega-entrepreneur and extremely rich, and that professional evolution has created a distance between them. For his part, Seal has a new album coming out and he’s about to launch an international tour. We’re told Heidi and Seal are still living under the same roof, but that will change very soon.
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here