*You know you asked this at some point, perhaps privately, among friends.
Three days after “The Early Show” turned into “CBS This Morning” with anchors Gayle King, Charlie Rose and Erica Hill, the trio – along with new programming vp Chris Licht – beamed via satellite into the Television Critics Association press tour in Pasadena, Calif. today to discuss how things are going, and why each of them were chosen for the job.
“We threw a lot of different names around,” said Licht, who comes to “CBS This Morning” after four years of executive producing MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” He joked that Hill, a holdover from “The Early Show,” was friends with his wife, so it would be hard to let her go. Veteran journalist Rose, who hosts his own nightly talk show on PBS, comes to the party through his longstanding friendship with CBS News Chairman Jeff Fager.
Of Ms. King’s recruitment, Licht said, “I got to know Gayle during ‘Morning Joe’, so every time she would come on, she just popped off the screen. For me, to even think about harnessing that every day, it was kind of a natural fit for a show like this.”
King, who already this week nabbed an exclusive interview with First Lady Michelle Obama at the White House, says there are absolutely no kinks in operation overhaul so far.
“I think the foundation is good,” she says. “For me personally, I just wanted to get through the first day – and after the first day, I thought I could relax. We’re all getting into the groove of things. So when you say ‘kinks,’ I’m not even trying to be funny here, I don’t really see that there are any major kinks that we think, ‘Oh God, this is bad. We need to fix it.’ There are some minor things that we want to do, but that all just comes with doing it day after day.”
Below, King was asked how long before we should begin counting down to an Oprah appearance on “CBS This Morning.”
- Mr. Robinson Debuts Today, August 5
- Call Her 'Chief': Kim Royster Promoted to Highest Position Ever Held by Black Woman in NYPD
- NAACP Sponsors ‘America’s Journey for Justice’
- Black Male International Relations Student Returns From One Year Study in China
- THE (08-05-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LISTEN to Newcomer Babs Savage's New Hit 'La La' - A Unique Twist on the Delfonic's Classic
- #AaliyahForMAC: Aaliyah Fans Start Petition for MAC Line
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Whites Burst into Black Girl's Birthday Party Holding Confed Flags (Watch)
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here