After shedding what seemed like a whole person, the singer and actress may have to gain some weight for a new role. (Somebody call Aretha!)
Before shedding the 80 pounds that thrust her into different roles, promotions, and a new dress size, Hudson complained that Hollywood discriminated against her because of her size.
However, now she’s willing to become a thick chick again for a Hollywood.
“When I do films, it has to be led by something through me – like my passion for it,” Hudson said before a book signing in suburban Atlanta on Wednesday. “I just don’t want to hop into anything. So if I commit myself to something, then it’ll be worth it no matter what character it is.”
Just last week she released her book, “I Got This: How I Changed My Ways and Lost What Weighed Me Down.”
It’s all about how she lost those extra pounds while going through the motions of her non-stop career. With a lot of drive and determination, she was able to accomplish the goal she set before her. But it wasn’t easy.
While in the middle of losing that extra baggage, Hudson admitted she was offered the lead role of 2009 film “Precious.” But she turned it down.
“I felt it was too graphic for me at the time,” she said Wednesday. “It’s something I didn’t want to do at the time, but I would gain weight in a heartbeat. I have no issues with that at all.”
Hmm, maybe she’s send a subtle SOS to Aretha Franklin who’s looking for an actress to play her in her biopic “From These Roots.” But as our earlier story today on Franklin pointed out, Hudson’s name was curiously not on her wish list of actors for the proposed film.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Parking Lot Crowded, Can't Locate Your Car? Meet 'Zus'
- Draya Michele's Post-Baby Body - Richard Sherman Pranks Himself
- You Can Purchase 'Boycott Beyoncé' Shirts at 'Formation' Tour
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here