After shedding what seemed like a whole person, the singer and actress may have to gain some weight for a new role. (Somebody call Aretha!)
Before shedding the 80 pounds that thrust her into different roles, promotions, and a new dress size, Hudson complained that Hollywood discriminated against her because of her size.
However, now she’s willing to become a thick chick again for a Hollywood.
“When I do films, it has to be led by something through me – like my passion for it,” Hudson said before a book signing in suburban Atlanta on Wednesday. “I just don’t want to hop into anything. So if I commit myself to something, then it’ll be worth it no matter what character it is.”
Just last week she released her book, “I Got This: How I Changed My Ways and Lost What Weighed Me Down.”
It’s all about how she lost those extra pounds while going through the motions of her non-stop career. With a lot of drive and determination, she was able to accomplish the goal she set before her. But it wasn’t easy.
While in the middle of losing that extra baggage, Hudson admitted she was offered the lead role of 2009 film “Precious.” But she turned it down.
“I felt it was too graphic for me at the time,” she said Wednesday. “It’s something I didn’t want to do at the time, but I would gain weight in a heartbeat. I have no issues with that at all.”
Hmm, maybe she’s send a subtle SOS to Aretha Franklin who’s looking for an actress to play her in her biopic “From These Roots.” But as our earlier story today on Franklin pointed out, Hudson’s name was curiously not on her wish list of actors for the proposed film.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- It’s ‘Very Difficult’ for Black Staffers at Fox News - Former NABJ President
- Tracy 'T-Mac' McGrady Launches Mobile HBCU Fundraising Campaign
- Wendy Williams Joins 'Salute Her' Honorees To Kick Off Circle of Sisters Weekend
- Ex-NFLer Warrick Dunn Has Now Gifted 145 Homes to Single Parents
- THE (10-09-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here