After shedding what seemed like a whole person, the singer and actress may have to gain some weight for a new role. (Somebody call Aretha!)
Before shedding the 80 pounds that thrust her into different roles, promotions, and a new dress size, Hudson complained that Hollywood discriminated against her because of her size.
However, now she’s willing to become a thick chick again for a Hollywood.
“When I do films, it has to be led by something through me – like my passion for it,” Hudson said before a book signing in suburban Atlanta on Wednesday. “I just don’t want to hop into anything. So if I commit myself to something, then it’ll be worth it no matter what character it is.”
Just last week she released her book, “I Got This: How I Changed My Ways and Lost What Weighed Me Down.”
It’s all about how she lost those extra pounds while going through the motions of her non-stop career. With a lot of drive and determination, she was able to accomplish the goal she set before her. But it wasn’t easy.
While in the middle of losing that extra baggage, Hudson admitted she was offered the lead role of 2009 film “Precious.” But she turned it down.
“I felt it was too graphic for me at the time,” she said Wednesday. “It’s something I didn’t want to do at the time, but I would gain weight in a heartbeat. I have no issues with that at all.”
Hmm, maybe she’s send a subtle SOS to Aretha Franklin who’s looking for an actress to play her in her biopic “From These Roots.” But as our earlier story today on Franklin pointed out, Hudson’s name was curiously not on her wish list of actors for the proposed film.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here