*If former NBA star Allen Iverson thought his money was funny, it just got funny-er, so to speak. That’s because a judge in Georgia is garnishing his earnings he can repay a 6-figure debt to his jewelery debt.
According to court papers obtained by TMZ, Iverson was sued in 2010 for allegedly stiffing Aydin & Company Jewelers on a $375,000 bill.
The records show A.I. never responded to the lawsuit . so a default judgement was issued in favor of the jewelry store allowing A&C to collect $859,896.46 for the bling, court costs, interest and attorneys fees.
But Iverson still didn’t pay so earlier this month the judge signed off on an order which allows the store to recoup their loss directly from Iverson’s Wells Fargo bank account.
Calls to Iverson’s rep have not been returned.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dr. Dre Wants 'Beats and Rhymes' Tour with Snoop, Eminem, Kendrick
- Lamar Odom Found Unconscious at Nevada Brothel; Doesn't Look Good: Report
- Najee Alli, NAN Pressure USC to Consider Hiring Black Coach
- [Watch] Teaser Trailer for Jesse Owens Biopic 'Race'
- Danny Sapani Plays ‘Berber the Moor’ in FX’s Drama 'Bastard Executioner'
- Tamera Mowry-Housely Has 'Goosebumps!' (Photos)
- Chris Bosh and Wife Adrienne Expecting Twins
- President Obama Crashes Wedding at San Diego Golf Course (Watch)
- Taraji P. Henson Slays November Cover of Essence
- Suge Knight Sneaks Birthday Message to Son During Court (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here