Pastor Kee is the recipient of 21 Stellar Awards, 27 GMWA Excellence Awards, a Trailblazer Award from President Bill Clinton, one Soul Train Music Award, two Billboard Music Awards, a Gospel Music Hall of Fame Award, seven Grammy Award nominations and numerous other honors. However, The James Cleveland Lifetime Achievement Award is especially meaningful to him.
“This is by far one of the greatest honors I have received to date,” says Pastor Kee. “When you look at the true history of John P. Kee, this award signifies a circle of completion. It was the late Dr. James Cleveland who gave me my start in music, so to receive a Lifetime Achievement Award in his name is priceless.”
An icon in American music, Pastor Kee and the New Life Community Choir will release a new CD this spring. The new single, “Life And Favor (You Don’t Know My Story,)” will be released to gospel radio this month. The single features special guest artists, including LeJuene Thompson and James Fortune.
“One of the greatest assets that we have as Christians is our testimony,” said Pastor Kee. “It is that testimony that reveals the true nature of our deliverance. God has graced me with the ability to share these trials and triumphs through melody. This single, ‘Life And Favor (You Don’t Know My Story,)’ has become a memorable melody in the lives of thousands. When you find yourself singing the vamp uncontrollably, we’ll know undoubtedly that you too have a story.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mike Tirico Says Goodbye to ESPN after 25 Years (Watch Full Remarks)
- Vic Mensa Suggests Justin Timberlake ‘Support Black People When It’s More Difficult’ (Watch)
- Apple in Talks to Acquire Jay Z’s Streaming Service Tidal
- Ludacris Surprises Wife Eudoxie With New $160,000 Benz (Watch)
- Free Hamburgers to Anyone Who Changes Their Last Name to 'Burger'
- Kyrie Irving Calls ‘No Black Girls Allowed’ Yacht Party Backlash ‘Ridiculous’
- Demolition of Aretha Franklin’s Birth Home Postponed
- Overcoming Dating Burnout: How to Thrive in the Deprived Dating Scene
- Daddy & Daughter Release Book for Brooklyn, NYC Tourists
- THE (07-01-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here