*Boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. has avoided jail for another six months, because a judge allowed him to postpone his 90-day sentence until after his next fight.
“Money” Mayweather was arrested in September, 2010, after his ex-girlfriend, Josie Harris, accused him of striking her “multiple times in the head with his fist” and allegedly threatening to beat up their two children, who at the time were aged nine and 10.
As previously reported, the athlete struck a plea deal with prosecutors last month to escape a felony battery charge and pleaded guilty to a lesser count of misdemeanor domestic violence. He also pleaded no contest to two misdemeanor harassment charges.
Las Vegas Justice of the Peace Melissa Saragosa then handed Mayweather, Jr. a three-month jail sentence and ordered him to complete 100 hours of community service, enroll in a 12-month domestic violence program and pay a $2,500 fine.
The boxer was due to begin his term at Sin City’s Clark County Detention Center by today (Jan. 6), but on Friday a judge permitted Mayweather, Jr. to delay the sentence and instead train for a proposed fight with arch-rival Manny Pacquiao on May 5 at the MGM Grand.
Per the judge’s ruling, the athlete will now have until June 1 to turn himself in, according to TMZ.
Several of his celebrity friends were on hand to show their support at the court house – among them singer Ray J and rapper Lil Kim.
If Mayweather, Jr. fails to obey to the terms of the agreement, he’ll be forced to serve another three months behind bars.
- Rachel Dolezal is Pregnant
- THE (09-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here