Her next project is to star alongside Abigail Breslin in a “Virgin Mary, ” a coming-of-age drama ala “Sixteen Candles.”
The story is about a 15-year-old girl who vows to have sex with her best male friend if they are still virgins by the time they are 18. Palmer plays the “best Black friend” who happens to be a slut.
In an interview with VibeVixen magazine, the teen shares her thoughts about her new gig.
“We haven’t started to film it yet, but I’m very excited because this is something new for me. People have always known me, as I said, as Keke Palmer the ‘good girl.’ In this movie, I’m not necessarily being a huge slut, but my character is just that. She’s like, ‘I’m a sex enthusiast. That’s who I am,’ but the reason why I chose this film was because it’s different from what everybody knows me as. And this character spoke to me because she was funny, she was likeable … Even if I didn’t play the character, you would immediately love her because she’s just lovable. It’s almost like [Draya] on ‘Basketball Wives LA.’ People can say whatever they want about her, but you like Draya because that’s who she is. You either like her or you don’t. No fronting, no nothing.”
It’s a risky step for Palmer, but it’s obviously a risk she’s willing to take
Meanwhile, Keke Palmer, the “good girl,” is currently co-starring alongside Queen Latifah and Dolly Parton in “Joyful Noise,” which came in at #4 at the box office with $11 million take in it’s opening weekend.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here