Her next project is to star alongside Abigail Breslin in a “Virgin Mary, ” a coming-of-age drama ala “Sixteen Candles.”
The story is about a 15-year-old girl who vows to have sex with her best male friend if they are still virgins by the time they are 18. Palmer plays the “best Black friend” who happens to be a slut.
In an interview with VibeVixen magazine, the teen shares her thoughts about her new gig.
“We haven’t started to film it yet, but I’m very excited because this is something new for me. People have always known me, as I said, as Keke Palmer the ‘good girl.’ In this movie, I’m not necessarily being a huge slut, but my character is just that. She’s like, ‘I’m a sex enthusiast. That’s who I am,’ but the reason why I chose this film was because it’s different from what everybody knows me as. And this character spoke to me because she was funny, she was likeable … Even if I didn’t play the character, you would immediately love her because she’s just lovable. It’s almost like [Draya] on ‘Basketball Wives LA.’ People can say whatever they want about her, but you like Draya because that’s who she is. You either like her or you don’t. No fronting, no nothing.”
It’s a risky step for Palmer, but it’s obviously a risk she’s willing to take
Meanwhile, Keke Palmer, the “good girl,” is currently co-starring alongside Queen Latifah and Dolly Parton in “Joyful Noise,” which came in at #4 at the box office with $11 million take in it’s opening weekend.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mental Health Therapist Teaches Victims to Forgive
- THE (05-04-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Now That Beyonce is Done Eating from the White Man’s Hand, She’s Finally Ready to Be A Negro (How Convenient)
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here