Her next project is to star alongside Abigail Breslin in a “Virgin Mary, ” a coming-of-age drama ala “Sixteen Candles.”
The story is about a 15-year-old girl who vows to have sex with her best male friend if they are still virgins by the time they are 18. Palmer plays the “best Black friend” who happens to be a slut.
In an interview with VibeVixen magazine, the teen shares her thoughts about her new gig.
“We haven’t started to film it yet, but I’m very excited because this is something new for me. People have always known me, as I said, as Keke Palmer the ‘good girl.’ In this movie, I’m not necessarily being a huge slut, but my character is just that. She’s like, ‘I’m a sex enthusiast. That’s who I am,’ but the reason why I chose this film was because it’s different from what everybody knows me as. And this character spoke to me because she was funny, she was likeable … Even if I didn’t play the character, you would immediately love her because she’s just lovable. It’s almost like [Draya] on ‘Basketball Wives LA.’ People can say whatever they want about her, but you like Draya because that’s who she is. You either like her or you don’t. No fronting, no nothing.”
It’s a risky step for Palmer, but it’s obviously a risk she’s willing to take
Meanwhile, Keke Palmer, the “good girl,” is currently co-starring alongside Queen Latifah and Dolly Parton in “Joyful Noise,” which came in at #4 at the box office with $11 million take in it’s opening weekend.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- Jessica Williams to Exit ‘The Daily Show’ for Own Comedy Central Pilot
- Why EJ Johnson Decided Against Transitioning: ‘I Thought About it For Sure’ (Watch)
- 'Ed Gordon': Bounce TV's First-Ever Primetime News Magazine Show to Debut Sept. 13
- Songs in the Key of Stevie Wonder and Imhotep Gary Byrd: Celebrating 50 Years of Friendship (EUR Exclusive)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here