*Kim Kardashian was the guest co-host on “Live with Kelly” Monday morning, and opened up at length about her divorce from Kris Humphries.
“It’s been a hard couple of months,” the reality star told Kelly Ripa.
Kardashian revealed that after her 72-day union to the NBA star crashed and burned, she moved in with her mother, Kris Jenner, packing just “two pairs of sweatpants and a pair of pajamas.”
“I really did some soul searching, and I needed that,” she explained. “I needed to just be with the family.”
When Ripa asked if she was surprised by critics’ accusations that the wedding and divorce were publicity stunts, Kardashian said, “If you really think about it, if this was a business decision and I really made all that money that everyone was claiming that we made off this wedding, and if the wedding was fake and just for TV – I’m a smart businesswoman, I would have stayed married longer!”
“I really didn’t think following my heart would create this much backlash,” she told Ripa. [Scroll down to watch the entire host-chat segment.]
Kardashian, who described herself as a “hopeless romantic,” said she “tried everything that [she] could” to make the marriage work.
“I want forever love,” she said. “I just felt like, you know, if I feel in my heart that this isn’t right, then why wait years to have the same result?”
And when it comes to future romance, she added, “I think I just learned that I need to rewrite my fairy tale.”
Her divorce wasn’t the only split discussed on Monday – Kardashian and Ripa also talked about model Heidi Klum and singer Seal’s announcement that they are separating.
“It’s so sad,” Kardashian said of the news. “I would never wish anyone to go through a divorce, but then again after what I went through, you don’t really know until you’re in this person’s shoes … When I see other people when I might not understand their situation, now I really just step back because you don’t really know what they’re going through.”
Watch the host chat segment below.
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Urban Movie Channel Launches 'Fall Out Fridays' Comedy Specials
- Janet Jackson Launches New Unbreakable Diamonds Collection
- Tyga, Dule Hill, Jacob Latimore Cast in Thriller ‘Sleight’
- Laurence Fishburne to Play Alex Haley in A&E’s ‘Roots’ Remake
- ‘Dukes of Hazzard’ Pulled from TV Land Over Confederate Flag Car
- National Action Network to Convene Members of Congress, Administration and Civil Rights Leaders for a Legislative & Policy Conference on Capitol Hill
- Flo Rida Pulls Out of Miss USA Pageant Over Donald Trump Comments
- Obama Crashes FLOTUS' Girl Scout Campfire: 'What Are You Doing in My Yard?'
- FBI: Lightning May Have Caused Fire at Mt. Zion AME Church
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here