*Kim Kardashian was the guest co-host on “Live with Kelly” Monday morning, and opened up at length about her divorce from Kris Humphries.
“It’s been a hard couple of months,” the reality star told Kelly Ripa.
Kardashian revealed that after her 72-day union to the NBA star crashed and burned, she moved in with her mother, Kris Jenner, packing just “two pairs of sweatpants and a pair of pajamas.”
“I really did some soul searching, and I needed that,” she explained. “I needed to just be with the family.”
When Ripa asked if she was surprised by critics’ accusations that the wedding and divorce were publicity stunts, Kardashian said, “If you really think about it, if this was a business decision and I really made all that money that everyone was claiming that we made off this wedding, and if the wedding was fake and just for TV – I’m a smart businesswoman, I would have stayed married longer!”
“I really didn’t think following my heart would create this much backlash,” she told Ripa. [Scroll down to watch the entire host-chat segment.]
Kardashian, who described herself as a “hopeless romantic,” said she “tried everything that [she] could” to make the marriage work.
“I want forever love,” she said. “I just felt like, you know, if I feel in my heart that this isn’t right, then why wait years to have the same result?”
And when it comes to future romance, she added, “I think I just learned that I need to rewrite my fairy tale.”
Her divorce wasn’t the only split discussed on Monday – Kardashian and Ripa also talked about model Heidi Klum and singer Seal’s announcement that they are separating.
“It’s so sad,” Kardashian said of the news. “I would never wish anyone to go through a divorce, but then again after what I went through, you don’t really know until you’re in this person’s shoes … When I see other people when I might not understand their situation, now I really just step back because you don’t really know what they’re going through.”
Watch the host chat segment below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Man Calls 911 Because Girlfriend Won’t Have Sex With Him
- Harvard’s World Champion Debate Team Loses to New York Inmates
- Lionel Richie Trying to Get Oscar Attention for 'Tuskegee Airmen' Doc (Trailer)
- 50 Cent Files $75M Lawsuit Against Law Firm for Poor Representation
- Valentino’s African-Inspired Runway Show Has No African Models; Twitter Gives Side-Eye
- Man Fired After Online Racist Jokes Erupt from Selfie (with 'Slave')
- Judge Won’t Dismiss Molestation Lawsuit Against Bill Cosby; Yale Won't Rescind his Honorary Degree
- Nicki Minaj Calls Out Miley Cyrus on her Cultural Appropriation Insensitivity: 'You Have Some Big Balls'
- Victor Cruz’s Fiancée Sends Group Text to All of His Mistresses: Report
- Ben Carson Judges Ore. Shooting Victims: ‘I Wouldn’t Just Stand There and Let Him Shoot Me’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here