*Venessa Bryant has scored a $75 million divorce settlement from husband Kobe Bryant, according to TMZ.com.
She’ll reportedly receive it in the form of a huge lump sum as well as three properties the couple owns in Newport Beach, California.
Sources say Vanessa will take full ownership of the mansion the pair lived in, as well as the new home they had been building for the past two years. Furthermore, she is now the owner of a third property where her mother had been living.
The $75 million payout is exactly half of the couple’s estimated $150 million fortune. According to the New York Post, it’s still unclear when Vanessa filed for divorce from the NBA star, but Kobe signed the paperwork on Dec. 1, 2011.
A joint statement by the former couple read, “The Bryants have resolved all issues incident to their divorce privately with the assistance of counsel and a judgment dissolving their marital status will be entered in 2012.” .
The couple had never signed a prenuptial agreement, meaning they were forced to split their fortune 50/50 by Californian law.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Olympics-Bound Gymnast Simone Biles Can Not Be Stopped (Watch)
- Judge Joe Brown Banned from Practicing Law in Tennessee
- DMX Joins Keke Palmer, Aunjanue Ellis in Indie Film ‘Pimp’
- Kanye West Expands Adidas Partnership to Include Line of Apparel, Accessories
- Willow Smith: The New Face of Chanel Eyewear (Pics & Video)
- Father of Orlando Shooting Victim Refuses to Claim Son's Body
- Russell Simmons' All Def Digital Lands New $10M in Financing
- Daniel Craig In Talks to Join Halle Berry in LA Riots Drama ‘Kings’
- Theodore 'Ted' Myles Terry's 'Turn Me Loose' (Life & Times of Dick Gregory) a Success
- Ringside Update/ Thurman vs Porter A Clash of Young Titans
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here