*Fans of comedian Martin Lawrence will be happy to know that the funnyman is returning to television.
CBS television is developing a pair of comedy plots for Lawrence, with an eye toward shooting one of them as a pilot.
Larry Wilmore, creator of “The Bernie Mac Show”, and Tom Hertz, “Rules of Engagement” creator, both have projects that will star Lawrence, according to TV Guide.
In the Wilmore script, Lawrence would play a single man who, along with his sister, becomes a foster parent to several children.
Hertz’s sitcom would have Lawrence starring as a family man trying to keep his kids grounded while dealing with his wealthy in-laws.
A decision on which project will get the green light is scheduled to be made in the coming weeks.
Lawrence was a laugh riot in the hit Fox comedy “Martin”, which ran for five years.
Since then, he has appeared in the feature films “Bad Boys” and “Big Momma’s House”, “National Security”, and “Welcome Home, Roscoe Jenkins”.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Bill Cosby Accuser Drops Defamation Lawsuit, But Still 'In Solidarity' With Alleged Victims
- Trolls Trying to Insult Steph Curry's 3-Year-Old Daughter Mistakenly Tweet Grown Man (See His Response)
- Larenz Tate, Mike Colter Join Queen Latifah’s ‘Girl Trip’
- TV Academy Sues Over Whitney Houston's Illegal Emmy Auction
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here