*Fans of comedian Martin Lawrence will be happy to know that the funnyman is returning to television.
CBS television is developing a pair of comedy plots for Lawrence, with an eye toward shooting one of them as a pilot.
Larry Wilmore, creator of “The Bernie Mac Show”, and Tom Hertz, “Rules of Engagement” creator, both have projects that will star Lawrence, according to TV Guide.
In the Wilmore script, Lawrence would play a single man who, along with his sister, becomes a foster parent to several children.
Hertz’s sitcom would have Lawrence starring as a family man trying to keep his kids grounded while dealing with his wealthy in-laws.
A decision on which project will get the green light is scheduled to be made in the coming weeks.
Lawrence was a laugh riot in the hit Fox comedy “Martin”, which ran for five years.
Since then, he has appeared in the feature films “Bad Boys” and “Big Momma’s House”, “National Security”, and “Welcome Home, Roscoe Jenkins”.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Johnny Gill Celebrates 50th B-day and EUR was on the Scene (Video/Photos)
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce from Lamar Odom ... Again!
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here