*Fans of comedian Martin Lawrence will be happy to know that the funnyman is returning to television.
CBS television is developing a pair of comedy plots for Lawrence, with an eye toward shooting one of them as a pilot.
Larry Wilmore, creator of “The Bernie Mac Show”, and Tom Hertz, “Rules of Engagement” creator, both have projects that will star Lawrence, according to TV Guide.
In the Wilmore script, Lawrence would play a single man who, along with his sister, becomes a foster parent to several children.
Hertz’s sitcom would have Lawrence starring as a family man trying to keep his kids grounded while dealing with his wealthy in-laws.
A decision on which project will get the green light is scheduled to be made in the coming weeks.
Lawrence was a laugh riot in the hit Fox comedy “Martin”, which ran for five years.
Since then, he has appeared in the feature films “Bad Boys” and “Big Momma’s House”, “National Security”, and “Welcome Home, Roscoe Jenkins”.
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- The NBA Demands Removal of Flag & No More Systematic Racism
- Deya Gets Direct with Single Men (WATCH)
- ‘Star Trek's’ George Takei: Clarence Thomas is ‘A Clown in Blackface’ (WATCH)
- Kendrick Lamar Responds to Geraldo Rivera's Crazy Criticism
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here