*Fans of comedian Martin Lawrence will be happy to know that the funnyman is returning to television.
CBS television is developing a pair of comedy plots for Lawrence, with an eye toward shooting one of them as a pilot.
Larry Wilmore, creator of “The Bernie Mac Show”, and Tom Hertz, “Rules of Engagement” creator, both have projects that will star Lawrence, according to TV Guide.
In the Wilmore script, Lawrence would play a single man who, along with his sister, becomes a foster parent to several children.
Hertz’s sitcom would have Lawrence starring as a family man trying to keep his kids grounded while dealing with his wealthy in-laws.
A decision on which project will get the green light is scheduled to be made in the coming weeks.
Lawrence was a laugh riot in the hit Fox comedy “Martin”, which ran for five years.
Since then, he has appeared in the feature films “Bad Boys” and “Big Momma’s House”, “National Security”, and “Welcome Home, Roscoe Jenkins”.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Provocative New Ebook Details Trump and the GOP’s Race Baiting History and the White House Race
- Put the 'Black' Back in 'Black Friday'
- Kerry Washington Gives Props to her Hubby: ‘The Real Gladiator’
- Look! Patti LaBelle and James Wright Chanel Together Eatin', Dancin & Singin' (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Thousands of Protesters Disrupt Black Friday in Chicago
- Toronto Raptors Milk ‘Hotline Bling’ During Drake Night (Video)
- Corey Morgan Charged in Brutal Killing of 9-Year-Old Tyshawn Lee
- Black Friday Fights 2015 - The Best Of...So Far (Watch)
- Traci Braxton on 'The Real' to Deny Beef with Tamar (WATCH)
- Romeo Miller Responds to Mother Suing Him with Emotional Letter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here