*Fans of comedian Martin Lawrence will be happy to know that the funnyman is returning to television.
CBS television is developing a pair of comedy plots for Lawrence, with an eye toward shooting one of them as a pilot.
Larry Wilmore, creator of “The Bernie Mac Show”, and Tom Hertz, “Rules of Engagement” creator, both have projects that will star Lawrence, according to TV Guide.
In the Wilmore script, Lawrence would play a single man who, along with his sister, becomes a foster parent to several children.
Hertz’s sitcom would have Lawrence starring as a family man trying to keep his kids grounded while dealing with his wealthy in-laws.
A decision on which project will get the green light is scheduled to be made in the coming weeks.
Lawrence was a laugh riot in the hit Fox comedy “Martin”, which ran for five years.
Since then, he has appeared in the feature films “Bad Boys” and “Big Momma’s House”, “National Security”, and “Welcome Home, Roscoe Jenkins”.
- Former Detroit Lions RB Mel Farr Dies at 70
- Craig Robinson, Amandla Stenberg & Megan Good in NBC's 'Mr. Robinson' (Watch!)
- Lenny Kravitz Plays Through Severe Wardrobe Malfunction (NSFW Video)
- Angela Carr Patterson/The Issues of Fatherless Daughters: The Stakes are Too High
- Andre Royo Talks Reunion with ‘Wire’ Co-Stars for Baltimore's ‘Wired Up’
- Toure Fired By MSNBC; Returns to Twitter after Yearlong Hiatus
- Happy Birthday Mr. President! Today is Barack Obama's 54th B-day
- Brandon Boykin Fires Latest Racism Claim at Eagles Coach Chip Kelly
- Steven Ivory: How to Survive a Break Up
- Donald Trump: Obama Blew it for Future Black President Hopefuls
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here