*Activist and former death row inmate, Mumia Abu-Jamal has been moved to the general prison population after being convicted of murdering a Philadelphia police officer over 30 years ago.
But the battle to free him still continues.
A spokesperson for the Pennsylvania Dept. of Corrections, told the media that he was moved from restricted housing unity at the Mahanoy state prison on Friday
Law professor Judith L. Ritter, who represented Abu-Jamal in recent appeals, called it “a very important moment for him, his family and all of his supporters,” reported the Associated Press.
Learn all about Mumia Abu-Jamal at Wikipedia.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Google Announces $250,000 in Grants for Flint, MI Water Crisis
- THE (05-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Johnny Gill Celebrates 50th and EUR was on the Scene (Video/Photos)
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce from Lamar Odom ... Again!
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here