*Activist and former death row inmate, Mumia Abu-Jamal has been moved to the general prison population after being convicted of murdering a Philadelphia police officer over 30 years ago.
But the battle to free him still continues.
A spokesperson for the Pennsylvania Dept. of Corrections, told the media that he was moved from restricted housing unity at the Mahanoy state prison on Friday
Law professor Judith L. Ritter, who represented Abu-Jamal in recent appeals, called it “a very important moment for him, his family and all of his supporters,” reported the Associated Press.
Learn all about Mumia Abu-Jamal at Wikipedia.
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here