*Activist and former death row inmate, Mumia Abu-Jamal has been moved to the general prison population after being convicted of murdering a Philadelphia police officer over 30 years ago.
But the battle to free him still continues.
A spokesperson for the Pennsylvania Dept. of Corrections, told the media that he was moved from restricted housing unity at the Mahanoy state prison on Friday
Law professor Judith L. Ritter, who represented Abu-Jamal in recent appeals, called it “a very important moment for him, his family and all of his supporters,” reported the Associated Press.
Learn all about Mumia Abu-Jamal at Wikipedia.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here