*“Justified” begins its third season on FX tonight with a whole new crop of characters to keep Deputy U.S. Marshall Raylan Givens (Timothy Olyphant) busy in Harlan, Kentucky.
One of the newbies is “banker” Ellstin Limehouse, played by Mykelti Williamson. He’s a former business associate of Mags Bennett (Emmy winner Margo Martindale), so you know he can’t be all good.
“Limehouse is a very dark man, very troubled,” Williamson tells EURweb exclusively. “He’s basically motivated by fear. He’s afraid that his holler, or his community (in Appalachia speak), is going to fall apart and start to become infiltrated with drugs and the evils of the world. So he’s decided to take it upon himself as the leader of the holler to make certain that none of that comes to pass. And like Malcolm X would say, by any means necessary he will prevent that from happening.”
“Justified,” premiering at 10 p.m. tonight (Jan. 17), is based on the Elmore Leonard short story “Fire in the Hole.” Leonard also serves as an executive producer on the series along with Graham Yost, who also created Williamson’s previous NBC series “Boomtown.” [Scroll down for a clip from tonight’s season 3 premiere.]
Williamson, 51, is returning to series television after a successful Broadway run opposite Denzel Washington and Viola Davis in “Fences.” In the audio below, the St. Louis native talks about the challenge of trying to follow up the role of Gabriel in August Wilson’s play with a television role that is just as substantial and well-rounded.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here