*Ludacris tells Billboard.com that his eighth studio album, “Ludaversal,” is on track for a May release, and that Usher is on board for a collabo.
“Usher is one person that I’ve already worked with,” says Ludacris, “and in terms of other artists, you can say that there’s going to be a lot of surprises on here.”
Ludacris and Usher previously collaborated on the latter’s smash single “Yeah!,” which featured Lil Jon and topped the Hot 100 for 12 weeks in 2004, as well as Lil Jon’s “Lovers and Friends,” which peaked at No. 3 on the chart.
The follow-up to 2010’s “Battle of the Sexes” is still “in the beginning stages” for the Atlanta rapper, who tided fans over by releasing the mixtape “1.21 Gigawatts: Back To The First Time” in November.
Ludacris spent 2011 continuing to hone his acting skills, with supporting roles in “No Strings Attached,” “Fast Five” and “New Year’s Eve.” Meanwhile, he announced the opening of a new restaurant, Chicken & Beer, in the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport in Georgia last week, although the rapper has yet to specify when the eatery (which shares its name with Luda’s third album) will open.
Ludacris says that the first single from “Ludaversal” will be released “probably within March,” and that fans can expect the album to encapsulate everything within the Luda’s ever-expanding world, as the title suggests.
“It’s been a minute since I’ve been away from music, and there is just so much to talk about,” he says. “So [the album] is mostly about my personal life, my travels, my experiences, rumors, gossip — you know, everything coming together in one.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Obama Impersonator Iman Crosson Hits Trump Where It Hurts
- Heartbroken Former Obama Supporter Gives Full Support to Trump [WATCH]
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Morris Chestnut Talks About His Latest Role
- The Socialist’s Journal: Obama and the Ultra-Racialization of America
- Martin Luther King Jr. Tribute to Top Confederate Memorial on Stone Mountain
- Playboy: No More Full Nudity in Iconic Men's Magazine
- THE (10-13-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen Expecting their First Child
- Fearing Flight Risk, DA Wanted Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Autopsy Sealed
- Draya Michele Lands Role Opposite Marques Houston in ‘Will to Love’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here