*Ludacris tells Billboard.com that his eighth studio album, “Ludaversal,” is on track for a May release, and that Usher is on board for a collabo.
“Usher is one person that I’ve already worked with,” says Ludacris, “and in terms of other artists, you can say that there’s going to be a lot of surprises on here.”
Ludacris and Usher previously collaborated on the latter’s smash single “Yeah!,” which featured Lil Jon and topped the Hot 100 for 12 weeks in 2004, as well as Lil Jon’s “Lovers and Friends,” which peaked at No. 3 on the chart.
The follow-up to 2010’s “Battle of the Sexes” is still “in the beginning stages” for the Atlanta rapper, who tided fans over by releasing the mixtape “1.21 Gigawatts: Back To The First Time” in November.
Ludacris spent 2011 continuing to hone his acting skills, with supporting roles in “No Strings Attached,” “Fast Five” and “New Year’s Eve.” Meanwhile, he announced the opening of a new restaurant, Chicken & Beer, in the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport in Georgia last week, although the rapper has yet to specify when the eatery (which shares its name with Luda’s third album) will open.
Ludacris says that the first single from “Ludaversal” will be released “probably within March,” and that fans can expect the album to encapsulate everything within the Luda’s ever-expanding world, as the title suggests.
“It’s been a minute since I’ve been away from music, and there is just so much to talk about,” he says. “So [the album] is mostly about my personal life, my travels, my experiences, rumors, gossip — you know, everything coming together in one.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- Jessica Williams to Exit ‘The Daily Show’ for Own Comedy Central Pilot
- Why EJ Johnson Decided Against Transitioning: ‘I Thought About it For Sure’ (Watch)
- 'Ed Gordon': Bounce TV's First-Ever Primetime News Magazine Show to Debut Sept. 13
- Songs in the Key of Stevie Wonder and Imhotep Gary Byrd: Celebrating 50 Years of Friendship (EUR Exclusive)
- Former NBAer Delonte West is NOT Homeless - Sugar Babies Are Winning?
- Olympics-Bound Gymnast Simone Biles Can Not Be Stopped (Watch)
- Judge Joe Brown Banned from Practicing Law in Tennessee
- DMX Joins Keke Palmer, Aunjanue Ellis in Indie Film ‘Pimp’
- Kanye West Expands Adidas Partnership to Include Line of Apparel, Accessories
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here