*Ludacris tells Billboard.com that his eighth studio album, “Ludaversal,” is on track for a May release, and that Usher is on board for a collabo.
“Usher is one person that I’ve already worked with,” says Ludacris, “and in terms of other artists, you can say that there’s going to be a lot of surprises on here.”
Ludacris and Usher previously collaborated on the latter’s smash single “Yeah!,” which featured Lil Jon and topped the Hot 100 for 12 weeks in 2004, as well as Lil Jon’s “Lovers and Friends,” which peaked at No. 3 on the chart.
The follow-up to 2010’s “Battle of the Sexes” is still “in the beginning stages” for the Atlanta rapper, who tided fans over by releasing the mixtape “1.21 Gigawatts: Back To The First Time” in November.
Ludacris spent 2011 continuing to hone his acting skills, with supporting roles in “No Strings Attached,” “Fast Five” and “New Year’s Eve.” Meanwhile, he announced the opening of a new restaurant, Chicken & Beer, in the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport in Georgia last week, although the rapper has yet to specify when the eatery (which shares its name with Luda’s third album) will open.
Ludacris says that the first single from “Ludaversal” will be released “probably within March,” and that fans can expect the album to encapsulate everything within the Luda’s ever-expanding world, as the title suggests.
“It’s been a minute since I’ve been away from music, and there is just so much to talk about,” he says. “So [the album] is mostly about my personal life, my travels, my experiences, rumors, gossip — you know, everything coming together in one.”
- Street Leading to Sandra Bland's Alma Mater Renamed in Her Honor
- Burger King Proposes to McDonalds ... in the Name of Peace
- Had Your Fill Yet?
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts - Black Stars of the Great White Way (Part I)
- Russell Wilson Says God Has Anointed Him and Ciara
- 'WAGS' Star Autumn Ajirotutu on Why She’s Not a Gold-Digger
- Did Enquirer Pay Nick Gordon $40K to Visit Bobbi Kristina’s Grave?
- George Zimmerman Calls Pres. Obama ‘Ignorant Baboon’ in Twitter Rant Over WDBJ Shootings
- Former NBA Star Darryl Dawkins (Chocolate Thunder) Dies at 58
- Chris Brown Tattoos Huge Bull on Other Side of his Head
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here