*President Obama swung through New York City Thursday on a fundraising tour and stopped at the legendary Apollo Theater to greet supporters.
After announcing that legendary crooner Al Green was in the audience, Obama broke into a few quick bars of Green’s hit, “Let’s Stay Together” to the delight of the audience.
“Don’t worry Rev, I cannot sing like you, but I just wanted to show my appreciation,” Obama joked.
Obama indicated he was relieved that he wasn’t booed off stage like so many Apollo casualties and that the theater’s “Sandman” did not try to sweep him off the stage.
Who knew that the president had some serious pipes.
The Atlantic Wire reports that Obama raised more than $3 million for his re-election campaign. He made four Manhattan stops during his New York trip, including a $36,000 per ticket appearance at the home of director Spike Lee.
Check out the the Prez get his smoothed out Al Green on. He’s sounds quite impressive. Check it for yourself below.
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here