*President Obama swung through New York City Thursday on a fundraising tour and stopped at the legendary Apollo Theater to greet supporters.
After announcing that legendary crooner Al Green was in the audience, Obama broke into a few quick bars of Green’s hit, “Let’s Stay Together” to the delight of the audience.
“Don’t worry Rev, I cannot sing like you, but I just wanted to show my appreciation,” Obama joked.
Obama indicated he was relieved that he wasn’t booed off stage like so many Apollo casualties and that the theater’s “Sandman” did not try to sweep him off the stage.
Who knew that the president had some serious pipes.
The Atlantic Wire reports that Obama raised more than $3 million for his re-election campaign. He made four Manhattan stops during his New York trip, including a $36,000 per ticket appearance at the home of director Spike Lee.
Check out the the Prez get his smoothed out Al Green on. He’s sounds quite impressive. Check it for yourself below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Black Stars Support Oscars At NAACP Image Awards (WATCH)
- Coalition of Police Officers Support Beyoncé’ & Formation Music Video
- Tina Campbell Calls Husband's Cheating Scandal 'Empowering'
- Regina King Talks ‘American Crime’ and Andre 3000
- Ciara Admits Struggle to Abstain From Sex With Russell Wilson
- Cam Newton Posts Pic of Baby Son Chosen
- Idris Elba Lands Romantic Drama; Samuel L. Jackson Pursues ‘Revival’ Role
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here