*President Obama swung through New York City Thursday on a fundraising tour and stopped at the legendary Apollo Theater to greet supporters.
After announcing that legendary crooner Al Green was in the audience, Obama broke into a few quick bars of Green’s hit, “Let’s Stay Together” to the delight of the audience.
“Don’t worry Rev, I cannot sing like you, but I just wanted to show my appreciation,” Obama joked.
Obama indicated he was relieved that he wasn’t booed off stage like so many Apollo casualties and that the theater’s “Sandman” did not try to sweep him off the stage.
Who knew that the president had some serious pipes.
The Atlantic Wire reports that Obama raised more than $3 million for his re-election campaign. He made four Manhattan stops during his New York trip, including a $36,000 per ticket appearance at the home of director Spike Lee.
Check out the the Prez get his smoothed out Al Green on. He’s sounds quite impressive. Check it for yourself below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Big Reward in Trump's Perennial Race-Baiting
- THE (11-25-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- GS Warriors Make NBA History with 16-0 Season Start (WATCH)
- Marcus D. Spencer (Big Spence) Finds Role in 'Fair Chase'
- 'Barbershop 3' Trailer Mixes Beauty, Comedy and Gang Violence [WATCH]
- Video of Chicago Police Officer Shooting Laquan McDonald Released (WATCH)
- (Video) WATCH: New 'Zootopia' Trailer
- Patti LaBelle Wants to Work with Fetty Wap, Talks Pie Success [WATCH]
- ‘Empire’: Alicia Keys Storyline to Explore Biracial Issues (Watch)
- Erased Burger King Footage in Laquan McDonald Shooting Tested for ‘Tampering’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here