*President Obama swung through New York City Thursday on a fundraising tour and stopped at the legendary Apollo Theater to greet supporters.
After announcing that legendary crooner Al Green was in the audience, Obama broke into a few quick bars of Green’s hit, “Let’s Stay Together” to the delight of the audience.
“Don’t worry Rev, I cannot sing like you, but I just wanted to show my appreciation,” Obama joked.
Obama indicated he was relieved that he wasn’t booed off stage like so many Apollo casualties and that the theater’s “Sandman” did not try to sweep him off the stage.
Who knew that the president had some serious pipes.
The Atlantic Wire reports that Obama raised more than $3 million for his re-election campaign. He made four Manhattan stops during his New York trip, including a $36,000 per ticket appearance at the home of director Spike Lee.
Check out the the Prez get his smoothed out Al Green on. He’s sounds quite impressive. Check it for yourself below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Actor Michael Jace Won’t Testify in His Murder Trial
- Cyndi Lauper Salutes Prince With ‘When You Were Mine’ at NY Concert (Watch)
- NYPD’s Top Cop on T.I. Concert Shooting: Rappers are ‘Basically Thugs’
- Memphis Principal's Response to Criticism of School's Handling of Student Shooting Goes Viral
- Oprah Winfrey, Audra McDonald, Patina Miller to Present at Tonys
- Chad Coleman Supports ‘Wire’ Costar Wendell Pierce Amid Battery Allegation
- NFL Vet Hines Ward Joins CNN, HLN as Sports Contributor
- Who Wore it Best? Rihanna vs. Julia Roberts
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here