*President Obama swung through New York City Thursday on a fundraising tour and stopped at the legendary Apollo Theater to greet supporters.
After announcing that legendary crooner Al Green was in the audience, Obama broke into a few quick bars of Green’s hit, “Let’s Stay Together” to the delight of the audience.
“Don’t worry Rev, I cannot sing like you, but I just wanted to show my appreciation,” Obama joked.
Obama indicated he was relieved that he wasn’t booed off stage like so many Apollo casualties and that the theater’s “Sandman” did not try to sweep him off the stage.
Who knew that the president had some serious pipes.
The Atlantic Wire reports that Obama raised more than $3 million for his re-election campaign. He made four Manhattan stops during his New York trip, including a $36,000 per ticket appearance at the home of director Spike Lee.
Check out the the Prez get his smoothed out Al Green on. He’s sounds quite impressive. Check it for yourself below.
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- NAACP President Compares Bree Newsome to Rosa Parks
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- K. Michelle Comes for SWV’s Coko; Tamar Gets Memed Over BET Performance
- Kirk Frost of 'L&HHA' Arrested at Dirt Bike Rally
- ‘BET Awards’ Ratings Down From Chris Rock-Hosted 2014 Ceremony
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Lester Holt Tops Ratings in 1st Week as Official ‘Nightly News’ Anchor
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here