*Nicole Avant, President Obama’s Bahamas ambassador appointee, is back in Los Angeles to begin raising money for the his re-election campaign. Her job is also to help to help the prez patch things up between him and the entertainment industry.
She was the key to the presidents Hollywood campaign in 2008, helping to raise millions.
Now that she’s back, there’s much work to do.
RELATED: Matt Damon says Obama Lacks ‘Balls’
Industry activists have become wearisome of the president. They have publicly expressed how they feel their issues have been ignored and the community’s needs overlooked, except during campaign times.
Avant, with her deep ties to both the Democratic Party and the entertainment industry, is being called upon to patch things over and rekindle at least some of Hollywood enthusiasm for Obama, says the Hollywood Reporter.
“I can’t think of a better ambassador for the president to the Hollywood community than Nicole,” said veteran Democratic consultant Kerman Maddox. “She has a direct line of communication to the president and the first lady because they trust her and she’s well regarded in the Hollywood community. If anyone can further solidify the relationship between the president and the Hollywood community, it is Nicole. I’m not sure who came up with this idea but I think it’s brilliant.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 18,500 Parents, Students, and Educators Rally to Demand End to 'Tale of Two School Systems' in New York City [PHOTOS]
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Universal Pictures’ Steve Jobs is a Brilliant Look into a Genius' Mind
- Raven Symone Hates Ethnic Names, Nicki Minaj Beef, Kardashian's Named 1st Family | BHL's This Week
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here