*Nicole Avant, President Obama’s Bahamas ambassador appointee, is back in Los Angeles to begin raising money for the his re-election campaign. Her job is also to help to help the prez patch things up between him and the entertainment industry.
She was the key to the presidents Hollywood campaign in 2008, helping to raise millions.
Now that she’s back, there’s much work to do.
RELATED: Matt Damon says Obama Lacks ‘Balls’
Industry activists have become wearisome of the president. They have publicly expressed how they feel their issues have been ignored and the community’s needs overlooked, except during campaign times.
Avant, with her deep ties to both the Democratic Party and the entertainment industry, is being called upon to patch things over and rekindle at least some of Hollywood enthusiasm for Obama, says the Hollywood Reporter.
“I can’t think of a better ambassador for the president to the Hollywood community than Nicole,” said veteran Democratic consultant Kerman Maddox. “She has a direct line of communication to the president and the first lady because they trust her and she’s well regarded in the Hollywood community. If anyone can further solidify the relationship between the president and the Hollywood community, it is Nicole. I’m not sure who came up with this idea but I think it’s brilliant.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-03-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ringside Update/Ortiz vs Berto II The Second Chapter
- Johnny Gill Says New Album to Accompany New Edition Biopic
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here