*Barack Obama has his eye on nearly 200 celebrity supporters – ranging from Jay-Z to Harvey Weinstein – whose endorsement he wants during his campaign for re-election, according to a list obtained by the Tennessean.
The list, dated Dec. 5 but released on Friday, includes a variety of actors, musicians, politicians and others.
Some are well-known Obama supporters, like George Clooney, Tom Hanks and Ari Emanuel (whose brother Rahm used to serve as Obama’s chief of staff).
According to OpenSecrets.org, both Clooney and Hanks have already donated more than $30,000 to the Democratic National Committee, as well as smaller donations to the Obama campaign. Emanuel serves as a bundler, as do the likes of Jeffrey Katzenberg and David Geffen.
He wants the return of musicians like will.i.am, Jay-Z and Arcade Fire to perhaps draw in the youth vote. He’s also seeking sports stars Emmitt Smith and Alonzo Mourning, and former Secretary of State Madeline Albright.
Young Hollywood starlets Blake Lively and Mila Kunis are also on the list.
At the very least, he can bank on the support of Oprah Winfrey. The media mogul told CNN Friday that she is behind Obama 100 percent.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here