*Barack Obama has his eye on nearly 200 celebrity supporters – ranging from Jay-Z to Harvey Weinstein – whose endorsement he wants during his campaign for re-election, according to a list obtained by the Tennessean.
The list, dated Dec. 5 but released on Friday, includes a variety of actors, musicians, politicians and others.
Some are well-known Obama supporters, like George Clooney, Tom Hanks and Ari Emanuel (whose brother Rahm used to serve as Obama’s chief of staff).
According to OpenSecrets.org, both Clooney and Hanks have already donated more than $30,000 to the Democratic National Committee, as well as smaller donations to the Obama campaign. Emanuel serves as a bundler, as do the likes of Jeffrey Katzenberg and David Geffen.
He wants the return of musicians like will.i.am, Jay-Z and Arcade Fire to perhaps draw in the youth vote. He’s also seeking sports stars Emmitt Smith and Alonzo Mourning, and former Secretary of State Madeline Albright.
Young Hollywood starlets Blake Lively and Mila Kunis are also on the list.
At the very least, he can bank on the support of Oprah Winfrey. The media mogul told CNN Friday that she is behind Obama 100 percent.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Parking Lot Crowded, Can't Locate Your Car? Meet 'Zus'
- Draya Michele's Post-Baby Body - Richard Sherman Pranks Himself
- You Can Purchase 'Boycott Beyoncé' Shirts at 'Formation' Tour
- R.Kelly Accused of Screwing Promoter Out of $500k
- W. Kamau Bell Screens 'United Shades of America' in Atlanta
- Flavor Flav Offered to Give O.J. Simpson Back His Bronze Statue
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Javier Colon performs May 4, 2016 at Rams Head on Stage
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here