*Barack Obama has his eye on nearly 200 celebrity supporters – ranging from Jay-Z to Harvey Weinstein – whose endorsement he wants during his campaign for re-election, according to a list obtained by the Tennessean.
The list, dated Dec. 5 but released on Friday, includes a variety of actors, musicians, politicians and others.
Some are well-known Obama supporters, like George Clooney, Tom Hanks and Ari Emanuel (whose brother Rahm used to serve as Obama’s chief of staff).
According to OpenSecrets.org, both Clooney and Hanks have already donated more than $30,000 to the Democratic National Committee, as well as smaller donations to the Obama campaign. Emanuel serves as a bundler, as do the likes of Jeffrey Katzenberg and David Geffen.
He wants the return of musicians like will.i.am, Jay-Z and Arcade Fire to perhaps draw in the youth vote. He’s also seeking sports stars Emmitt Smith and Alonzo Mourning, and former Secretary of State Madeline Albright.
Young Hollywood starlets Blake Lively and Mila Kunis are also on the list.
At the very least, he can bank on the support of Oprah Winfrey. The media mogul told CNN Friday that she is behind Obama 100 percent.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Black Male Valedictorian, Straight A Student, Barred from Walking Grad Stage
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here