*Barack Obama has his eye on nearly 200 celebrity supporters – ranging from Jay-Z to Harvey Weinstein – whose endorsement he wants during his campaign for re-election, according to a list obtained by the Tennessean.
The list, dated Dec. 5 but released on Friday, includes a variety of actors, musicians, politicians and others.
Some are well-known Obama supporters, like George Clooney, Tom Hanks and Ari Emanuel (whose brother Rahm used to serve as Obama’s chief of staff).
According to OpenSecrets.org, both Clooney and Hanks have already donated more than $30,000 to the Democratic National Committee, as well as smaller donations to the Obama campaign. Emanuel serves as a bundler, as do the likes of Jeffrey Katzenberg and David Geffen.
He wants the return of musicians like will.i.am, Jay-Z and Arcade Fire to perhaps draw in the youth vote. He’s also seeking sports stars Emmitt Smith and Alonzo Mourning, and former Secretary of State Madeline Albright.
Young Hollywood starlets Blake Lively and Mila Kunis are also on the list.
At the very least, he can bank on the support of Oprah Winfrey. The media mogul told CNN Friday that she is behind Obama 100 percent.
- THE (09-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- RGIII Gets Standing Ovation at Redskins Event
- Watch ‘Melville’, the SXSW Short Michael Strahan is Developing for TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here