*Several television networks are bending over backwards to score the first interview with the Duchess of Cambridge’s sister, Pippa Middleton.
Middleton became an overnight celebrity in April 2011 when she served as the maid of honor to her sister, Kate, during her wedding. Since then, she has been the subject of significant press attention for her style, love life, social life, and more.
Middleton, who works for her parents’ business as the blog editor of a party planning website, was named one of Barbara Walters’ ‘Most Fascinating’ people of 2011. She also sealed a deal worth more than $500,000 to author a book about party planning…and with a big book deal comes a big network television interview.
U.S. media heavyweights, including Walters and Oprah Winfrey, have reportedly offered six-figure sums to land Middleton’s first big interview. Oprah reportedly told her staff to “pull out all the stops,” according to The Huffington Post.
NBC is offering “Today” host, Matt Lauer, to interview Middleton. Lauer covered the Royal Wedding live from London for NBC. He also interviewed Price William and Prince Harry in 2007 on the 10th anniversary of their mother’s death.
The networks have also reportedly offered Middleton the opportunity to donate the large cash sum to charity, so it won’t appear as though she is “cashing in” on such a large sum of money. According to the Sunday Mirror, deals as big as $450,000 have been offered.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- A 'Broke' 50 Cent Flaunts Stacks of Cash in Fridge (WATCH)
- Here’s why the Alleged Planned Parenthood Killer Isn’t called a Domestic Terrorist
- Pilar Sanders Will Have to Pay Deion Sanders $2.2M and Go Back to Jail
- Police Erased Video of Laquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here