*Several television networks are bending over backwards to score the first interview with the Duchess of Cambridge’s sister, Pippa Middleton.
Middleton became an overnight celebrity in April 2011 when she served as the maid of honor to her sister, Kate, during her wedding. Since then, she has been the subject of significant press attention for her style, love life, social life, and more.
Middleton, who works for her parents’ business as the blog editor of a party planning website, was named one of Barbara Walters’ ‘Most Fascinating’ people of 2011. She also sealed a deal worth more than $500,000 to author a book about party planning…and with a big book deal comes a big network television interview.
U.S. media heavyweights, including Walters and Oprah Winfrey, have reportedly offered six-figure sums to land Middleton’s first big interview. Oprah reportedly told her staff to “pull out all the stops,” according to The Huffington Post.
NBC is offering “Today” host, Matt Lauer, to interview Middleton. Lauer covered the Royal Wedding live from London for NBC. He also interviewed Price William and Prince Harry in 2007 on the 10th anniversary of their mother’s death.
The networks have also reportedly offered Middleton the opportunity to donate the large cash sum to charity, so it won’t appear as though she is “cashing in” on such a large sum of money. According to the Sunday Mirror, deals as big as $450,000 have been offered.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- A Legendary Night in Los Angeles with the Ojays' Eddie Levert
- Prince’s Half-Brother Alfred Says Sibling Trying to Get Him Declared Mentally Incompetent
- Family of Autistic Teen Mocked by 50 Cent Wants $1 Million (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o, Danielle Brooks, Cynthia Erivo Lock Down Tony Nominations
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here